Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am having trouble with the Bluetooth on my 2010 XF. I use a Samsung S4. it has been paired with the car for two years.
This morning Showing a line through a telephone handset on the touch screen where the signal strength and battery status normally is.

The phone shows its connected to the car, the car shows no phone docked. I have tried to pair various phones. The phones do not find any bluetooth from the car. I have tried pairing from the phones, and from the touch screen. It looks like there is no Bluetooth from the car.
Anyone have any ideas? Thank you for any help.

Also, I have tried deleting the phone from the touch screen, system asks to confirm, press yes....nothing happens.
I deleted the pairing via the phone. Phone no longer listed as paired but will not re-pair with the car.

·
Administrator
27,301 Posts
Delete the 'phone from the car and vice versa and re-pair them.

Of course, it may be perfectly all right tomorrow morning............

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Have you rebooted the phone then delete any connections on both sides and see if it re pairs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PsiFox. Thank you, yes I have tried that.

Wilf Thank you. I have tried, the phones do not find the car when asked. It looks like there may be a problem with the Bluetooth module?
Thank you both for your swift response. As stated, it may be OK in the morning.:)

·
Administrator
27,301 Posts
Is the 'phone Bluetooth setting set to "open" or "discoverable" or whatever it is called on a Samsung 'phone?

Have you tried, in the car menu, both "pair car to device" and vice versa?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I have now tried them all. I have armed myself with a stout stick and intend giving the car a severe thrashing. I shall then leave everything as is until the morrow.

·
17,728 Posts
Bluetooth module in the car gone dicky? Trip to the dealers then I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I'd be trying another phone (different brand, etc) before narrowing it down to the car Bluetooth module.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I now know my car is a female......how do I know this? .............you guessed it. I tried a Nokia and it worked no problem. I then tried the wife's Samsung S6 again, that worked. In short, everything is as it should be and the S4 is once again docked.
Thank you again to those that took time out to try and help. John.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
In my years of experience with phones and cars, it's always the phone that is the problem, not the car. Having said that, some Korean and Japanese cars have some of the worst implementations of Bluetooth that I've come across.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here is my solution for future reference.
I had a similar problem with one of our iphones. Pairing was fine with others. try all above did not help.
The only way I could make it working was from main menu, pressed the phone button and followed the screen as usual to pair it. When I try the same thing from audio source it never works with one of the phones. Obviously when paired through phone menu, it works for audio as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts