Jaguar Forum banner

Blown speaker

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Wgt510 
#1 · (Edited)
[emoji53] gutted my left door speaker seems to of blown. Lovely meridian sound system now sounds a bit pants.

Guessing best bet is to start scanning eBay for a 2013 meridian front door speaker ?

Does it need to be specific year / median spec or are they shared with any other year/model/brand ?

Anyone have a spare they’d like to sell on for a friendly prices ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
It’s the bigger of the 2 in the door card, it’s buzzing/distorted with low bass notes - even with volume low. Typical blown speaker sound rather than something rattling.

I think they took a bit to much abuse with my daughters iPhone connected via aux cable the other day. Though I noticed it a little but today its worse and obvious [emoji53]

Been looking on eBay, think this is the part no: BJ3218808CC

I think from what I’ve read it’s the same speaker shared with Range Rover

Cheapest one I’ve seen is this one bit most seem around £25 so not as bad as I imagined:

#5 ·
The part number will be on a label on the speaker. Something like CPLA-xxxxxx or AW93-xxxx. Searching this type of part number should make life easier. Depending on what you need, I might have available as I just changed mine.

Reactions: PeteA
#7 · (Edited)
Now you have got it out . If you hold the thing with both hands first finger and thumb on the cone 180 degrees apart, move the cone up and down ,can you feel a roughness or is it smooth without noise, rotate it 90 degrees try again. what happens now. Then get a 9 volt battery and connect it to the connections, it should move up or down and stay there. reverse the connections it should go in the opposite direction. This is a good way of making sure the speakers are in phase if you are ever not sure of the connections. ie they should all move in the same direction when + or - are connected. If the thing responds to all of the above it may not be the speaker. If you have over loaded it which is unlikely the glue which holds the speech coil may have melted and become unwound which will give a crackle when moved.If it has unwound and rubbed against the magnet pole it may short out the coil which may wreck the amp.

#8 ·
Wow thanks some useful info there! Yes I tried gently moving the cone up and down and there was a roughness, feels gritty as if something catching.

I was playing music from it before I unscrewed and removed it just to be sure it was the speaker. The distortion went if I put a little pressure on the center of the cone with my finger

Took a little video:

https://youtu.be/q6K_UnlaMBs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.