Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This May I acquired new Summer toy – I call her blackpearl. If interest, I could share some photos of her being restored to even better condition. Although this isn’t any project level car in the beginning to start with. But there’s always some niggles to fix in the 20+ years old car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
First thing to fix was the center armrest cup holders, the usual suspects.
[I forgot to take a photo to show how it looked]

Disassembled it, cleaned and conditioned the leather.

Glued together the plastic pieces in the locking mechanism and laminated carbon fiber to backside to strengthen it.

And ordered new mechanism 💸 but it ended up quite nice

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Neat repair. We do refer to carbon fibre as knitting as it resembles a grandma's woolly hobby.

Reactions: Matero and OBC John

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Last Saturday blackpearl gave a ride to 8-years old car enthusiast. It was worthwhile to see his face when we were cruising and took a look under the bonnet after the ride. Happy to help 👍

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: PeteA and Rigger

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She got new carpets. Sorry about dirty floor, I just wanted to test fitting as soon as 🙄

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I can remember many, many years ago a friend and I had been anticipating for ages his families VW Golf van crossing the 100,000 miles milestone... did it one night whilst passing Saltash police station. A cheer 'went up' from the pair of us.. :D

It's funny/strange what you do/don't remember sometimes isn't it.

Reactions: Matero

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We have so many trees around us, and no garage, that blackpearl looks dirty almost all the time. Needed to drive her uptown to let her breathe a while 😎

Car is 24 years old and camera not actually new, as well. Photo with Leica M8 + 35mm F1.4 Nokton VM Classic

Reactions: PeteA and Ianf

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My farther was truly a piston-head, car enthusiast and mechanic. He didn't had funds to drive what he would have wanted, but he always took good care of his cars and repaired them himself. I wanted to give him something to think about, and sometimes worry, with my habit to select my cars. He had a wish to drive again with a new car in his last years and luckily he was able to do that. After serious stroke the first place at home he went was garage, wishing he could get back his driving license, and he did. And kept it until the very end.

Today I went to cemetary with freshly washed car "to show it to him". What a day 😢

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Your Dad will be smiling a lot at your purchase, and the fact that you took it for him to 'see' Matero.. (y)

Reactions: Matero
1 - 20 of 36 Posts