Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I did my motorcycle DA test in my early twenties and after this when driving in a car it certainly made me far more aware of motorbikes, their capabilities and their vulnerability.

Maybe not practical for motorcycles, but perhaps not such a bad idea that there's a mandatory cycling proficiency course/test to precede a driving test?
When I passed my car test in the 60's, the examiner said, I bet you ride a motorcycle I said how did you know,he said I can tell by how you drive a car.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I'd go for a mandatory annual driving test for anyone aged 80+.
Why not for anyone who has 3 points for any reason regardless of age. That would definitely save lives. Ageism is as bad as racism. 80 year old's don't have as many accidents as 20 year old's hence they insure cars cheaper. Maybe they ain't got as much testosterone. Like my earlier comment, it depends which side of the fence you are on.
Actually the speed awareness course ain't far off my suggestion. So all motoring offences could have refresher courses theory that is, and an exam at the end with a resit if failed. Ban until passed.
Then there would be more cyclists than cars.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
My Dad, at 85, found his car insurance on a bog standard 1.0L Citroen C3 was every bit as much as his 20 year old grandson in a Corsa.

It climbed steadily from he turned 80.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I'd go for a mandatory annual driving test for anyone aged 80+.
Just what has this got to do with cyclists ignoring traffic laws? Phil

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Just what has this got to do with cyclists ignoring traffic laws? Phil
What has any post got to do with thread it has been posted in after the fourth post?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Reactions: FCS

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
My Dad, at 85, found his car insurance on a bog standard 1.0L Citroen C3 was every bit as much as his 20 year old grandson in a Corsa.

It climbed steadily from he turned 80.
Oh hell not looking forward to that. Sounds like the travel insurance system. Better make the best of the next seven years then, if Putin don't blow us all to hell

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Maybe the contributor (dubious?) has data that shows more over 80 year olds knock more cyclists off their bikes than any other demographic. Anyway in keeping with the forum policy the weather is very sunny today. Phil

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
Maybe the contributor (dubious?) has data that shows more over 80 year olds knock more cyclists off their bikes than any other demographic. Anyway in keeping with the forum policy the weather is very sunny today. Phil
And I'll be having a bottle of grolsch ( mite b an tipo) at 14.30

·
Administrator
31,055 Posts
Went past a cyclist vs car accident on our way home from lunch, out in the sticks near Burton on the Wolds - two ambulances and two police cars there so maybe not so good for someone.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Actually was on the roof at 1300. 20 feet high. Good lady wife footing ladder. So needed drink after descent.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,269 Posts
I started at 13.15 so get down.
Plod get a bit sniffy about driving whilst drinking alcohol.
Must admit that the last half a bottle of Asti went down a treat at 8.30am last Saturday .... got a stern telling off.

Reactions: PeteA and FCS
61 - 80 of 118 Posts