Jaguar Forum banner
181 - 200 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Thank you MoJo. I just checked the backup antenna and now I am on my way to your third point. Only the last step of immobilization just doesn't work. It calls for ignition on by the start button :rolleyes: but this won't work. But I won't give up. Keep fingers crossed.
Dirk

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 · (Edited)
Dear helping friends,

THANK YOU very much for your hints, tips, questions.....!!
MoJo fixed not only the BCM problem in over 1 hour online session!! I just could assist with placing fobs outside and inside, pressing fob keys. It was like back in school. Sit down. Watch. And learn :)
This was definetly not a job I could have done on my own. Even with a guideline and pictures. We (read MoJo) had to go through some module programming steps twice. My Cat was really a beast....
For me it was pleasure to see what somebody like MoJo can do. There was no need to disassamble the BCM or BCMB. In my case the module were still "alive". It was grat fortune that MoJo arrived back home just this evening. Otherwise I could have done something wrong and the BCM would have been really bricked.

Finally it seems to me as an complete re-programming of many modules. Ok, maybe MoJo would leave a comment or correct me, if it was something complete different he did :ROFLMAO:.

So now it is only left to connect the generator again. It was still unpugged today, get all disassembled parts back into the cat and have a nice ride. Then my own repair is finnished.

THANK YOU again!

Dirk

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,039 Posts
That‘s great news Dirk and kudos to MoJo.
Would be good closure to explain what went wrong and how it was fixed

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Gav, I definitely would if I could.... It was too much :)

Maybe MoJo could state if it really just was the re-programming of the BCM. For me it seemed to be much more :). It took over one hour :) .

Dirk

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
306 Posts
Immobilisation was out of sync as per the DTCs that I see all too often. Immobilisation procedure would not complete due to ignition issue.

1) Re-program the KVM (to allow ignition)
2) Re-program the BCM
3) Update the BCMB (always should be the at the same software level as BCM)
4) Run Immobilisation again which succeeded due to successful ignition
5) Start the car

:cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Immobilisation was out of sync as per the DTCs that I see all too often. Immobilisation procedure would not complete due to ignition issue.

2) Re-program the BCM
5) Start the car

Sounds so easy :cool:
But isn't in fact.
Dirk

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 · (Edited)
Mojo just posted the fix of the ignition problem. But you are right, Gav, it would be interesting to know, what went wrong.
I only can state what I did before disconnecting the batteries. Waited 1 hour. Keys away from the car (10 meter). Measure current
befor disconnecting (20 mA). Disconnect battery 1. Then battery 2 (small one).
Did my repair at 30°C air temp. Sun was shining nearly 6 hours directly on that side with BCM and BCMB. The car was really hot outside and inside. The modules were very warm too.
Waited till 9 PM to connect the batteries. Opened drivers door. Placed one fob at the GSM. Connected the small battery first and after a few minutes battery 1.

That's all. Next time I would leave the key away from the car, leave the drivers door closed and connect battery 1 first.

Dirk

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
2,152 Posts

2) Re-program the BCM
5) Start the car

Great job MoJo. Even I can sleep better tonight knowing there is a solution for this issue!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
The Cat is still starting. That's good news. Bad news, generator still reports
Loss of communication and Battery not charging.
I have to search again :(
Back again under the car....

Dirk

·
Administrator
31,055 Posts
At the end of all this, you will deserve a medal.

And I thought old cars were a trial......

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
You are soooo right, Wilf!

Just checked the LIN Bus via Osci. Great luck, there is communication :)
This is getting intersting.
Any ideas @PeteA or @hamedhbb

I will try it later on via SDD.

Audio equipment Font Gas Electronic device Machine

Dirk

Reactions: Rigger

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
Hi Dirk, the only thing I would ask first is probably a really stupid question, but.. you have remembered to reconnect the alternator/generator I take it?
In my trade/job 'twitisms' (being a twit) can happen when you have had your head buried/stuck in a big/unusual problem for too long, you can end up missing 'the flipping obvious' due to your head being overloaded with more complex than usual thoughts and then you end up thinking too 'deeply'..

You may can now laugh at my suggestion.. :D

My next thought would be a faulty new alternator/generator which we have heard of before on here..

These posts may prompt a useful thought hopefully..

The small battery isn't charged by the alternator ( at least not directly ), it's charged by the Dual-battery module, which produces a stabilised charging voltage ( presumably with some kind of boost convertor / charge pump circuit hence why it can be charging even when the alterator is failed, and the main battery is at a lower voltage.)
Just noticed that your GWM is on it's way out too. Purchase a new GWM and program as new. Sort out your SDD crack before you attempt to do that.
P.S. Thank you for the PM..

Reactions: sandmaennle

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,039 Posts
If the alternator is not speaking back on the lin or speaking garbage then you‘ll get an error.
I went through the same with my sons fiesta it was a newish pattern part, but it no speeky lin, even though the connector was the correct one etc. bought a second hand Ford unit and problem solved

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 · (Edited)
Thank you Pete and Gav.
Yes I reconnected the generator first :) . I just compared the new to the old fault code. The new one is P0A1A-87. So it might really be generator talk back issue. But I am not really convinced that the old one was really bad. Maybe I have an issue with some control module.

Dirk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 · (Edited)
This evening it is hard raining, thunder, lightning....
So I had to abort my investigation under the car. I will continue tomorrow. And thanks to @MoJo88 , I could drive my Jag into my small garage.

I took this screenshot while the generator was connected this afternoon. Could please have a look at it and tell me what you read/interpret?
Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Screenshot

It is only the first line. The two last lines are outdated.

Could my fault be solved by re-programming the GWM? That was one recommendation of SDD.
But I wanted to check the LIN-Bus communication with a Oscilloscope first.

Or would the reprogramming be useless since the GWM sends the commands via LIN bus to the generator?
As I could see at the Oscilloscope.
So GWM should be ok, then?

Do I really have to change the generator again?! I am not very happy about this idea :rolleyes:

Dirk

181 - 200 of 248 Posts