Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
14,100 Posts
It’s the soot produced when diesel combust and the oil scrapers pull it into the oil

· Registered
1 Posts
Interesting discussion. Have had my 2019 XF for 3 years and 14,750 miles. Checked the whine with Jaguar dealer in last month of warranty expecting the whine to be caused by the turbo. Shocked to find they have diagnosed the balancer shafts. They want it in for a week to take the engine out. Certainly major surgery!

· Registered
915 Posts
Interesting discussion. Have had my 2019 XF for 3 years and 14,750 miles. Checked the whine with Jaguar dealer in last month of warranty expecting the whine to be caused by the turbo. Shocked to find they have diagnosed the balancer shafts. They want it in for a week to take the engine out. Certainly major surgery!
Mine wasn’t an engine out job. They did the work from underneath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
32,113 Posts
Glad this is covered under the warranty for you. Seems to be a systemic fault in early Ingenium engines - wonder if it persists?

· Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 Jaguar XF 2.0d with about 17Kmiles has just been diagnosed with Balance Shaft Whine - about £3K to repair. There was a recall of 2017/18 cars in US/Canada for this issue.
Has anyone taken this up with Jaguar UK?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts