Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2014 XF 2.2D Premium Luxury, Odyssey Red, Superchipped.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, somewhat disappointed by the light output from my 2014 XF, I had a look on here to find if this was a common thing. Reading through, it seems this is far from rare, and the best way to resolve this is installing Osram Xenarc Night Breakers.

I bought a set for £146 from a large online retailer of bulbs, and have fitted them today.

I was convinced I'd done the right thing when I removed the first bulb and found sputtering and cloudiness on the inside of the bulb:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

I took the new one out of the box to install it, and noticed largely similar markings on the bases:

White Motor vehicle Font Material property Gas

The new one is on the left. I was expecting the base to perhaps mention "Night Breaker". The boxes certainly did:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Font Publication

I've no reason to doubt the retailer, as I've been using them for years and have always been 100% happy.

I just wanted to check if anyone who has already installed Night Breakers had found a reference on the base?

I would have taken some photos during the dismantle and reinstall, but I could not do it better justice than the couple of excellent YouTube videos prior to starting so I had a vague clue about what I needed to do without breaking something expensive.

Cheers

John.

· Registered
11,262 Posts
I have the Night Breakers

Mine came as a pair in a plastic box. The box was sealed and had a validation QR code on it, to confirm they were genuine.

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
As above. I don't think my Night Breaker D3S's had "Night Breaker" on the actual burners, but did say "Xenarc", same as yours, from memory.

· Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
2,200 Posts
Hi All, somewhat disappointed by the light output from my 2014 XF, I had a look on here to find if this was a common thing. Reading through, it seems this is far from rare, and the best way to resolve this is installing Osram Xenarc Night Breakers.

I bought a set for £146 from a large online retailer of bulbs, and have fitted them today.

I was convinced I'd done the right thing when I removed the first bulb and found sputtering and cloudiness on the inside of the bulb:

View attachment 195856

I took the new one out of the box to install it, and noticed largely similar markings on the bases:

View attachment 195857

The new one is on the left. I was expecting the base to perhaps mention "Night Breaker". The boxes certainly did:

View attachment 195858

I've no reason to doubt the retailer, as I've been using them for years and have always been 100% happy.

I just wanted to check if anyone who has already installed Night Breakers had found a reference on the base?

I would have taken some photos during the dismantle and reinstall, but I could not do it better justice than the couple of excellent YouTube videos prior to starting so I had a vague clue about what I needed to do without breaking something expensive.

Cheers

John.
Same here. They came in a clear plastic box with a code or qr code on the box and when I input that into osram website it showed the what serial number of individual parts inside the box should be.
Use the following link

The bulbs themselves didn’t mentioned “night breaker” but the XNL at the end represent that. The HBI is for standard.
Don’t worry about the cloudiness. They test the bulbs at the end of the line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts