Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Stupid question time...

Doesn't the insurance policy on your car allow for other drivers?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Stupid question time...

Doesn't the insurance policy on your car allow for other drivers?
It used to be that if you had fully comp. insurance you automatically had "drive other cars cover" Over the last few years I've noticed some insurers starting to withdraw that as standard. Worth checking with your insurer before assuming it is the case and getting 6pts or worse

I did double check this with Churchill and they still cover it.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I have been with both, Priviledge did not like mods on cars so swapped to Admiral who are fine with them, couldn't get anyone else cheaper in any case...

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Bill, I have 3 named drivers on my insurance ( and me of course). They said a total of 4 drivers would be allowed, provided they had a clean record, for no extra premium.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It's the loss of ability for the policyholder to drive other cars that I was referring to, rather than named drivers in the policyholder's car.
It may have changed now, but worth checking if it matters to you.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm not sure that my insurance would cover me driving someone else's car, however over here "full coverage" (fully comp) would insure most anyone whom I let drive my car, I think the only exceptions are if they don't have a valid license, and even then you'd generally be covered if you were unaware.

I've let plenty of people borrow my cars, my mother may be driving to North Carolina tomorrow (700ish miles each way) and if she goes I told her to take my XF. She would be fully covered were something to happen to the car, including her wrecking it. If you have regular drivers of the car you're supposed to name them on the policy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was involved in a minor car incident in May 2021.There was NO DAMAGE to my vehicle, a 2019 Range Rover Sport SRV, value circa £100K, insured via Privilege Insurance.

The other party’s insurer wrote to my insurer’s alleging their client’s vehicle was written off.

Despite “video and photographic evidence” being provided by myself to Privilege, c/o their CEO, Penny James, (I hold her personal email) demonstrating the claimant’s car is not a write off and being used daily, Privilege have threatened to uphold the claim, despite my repeated protestations to the contrary, as well as spending 90 minutes completing a claim form providing a detailed version of events, stating the claimant driver was clearly distracted and that I considered the claim fraud and that I would readily address it myself.

Multiple and I stress multiple emails to Penny James are simply ignored, despite my continued advices over a period of four months that this matter is making my ill with worry.

Such is my level of worry I have recently began copying the CEO of the FCA on my correspondence also, Nikhil Rathi (I hold his personal email

A recent letter from Privilege threatens, despite my repeated written requests to refute the claim, that unless I respond in seven days, they will uphold it!

I have ZERO CONFIDENCE in this company or Penny James, who, as a CEO, I consider arrogant, dismissive and incompetent, presiding over departments who clearly do not communicate with each other. As someone who is highly experienced in litigation through my company, I will take legal action against Penny James, whom I consider personally liable for the present situation and her company if needed.

A totally disgraceful state of affairs, more so given the value of the vehicle I have insured with this Company is worth almost £100K.

For the record I am 49 years of age and have never made any form of claim or had a claim made against myself in 30 years+ of driving.

Avoid this company like the plaque and please feel free to email me if you need more information on this matter. You can contact me via our website.

Lisa Clifford

·
Administrator
27,996 Posts
Oh :(

I paid loads less than that but been there a few years.
I was with LV for many years & rated them highly for customer service. Unfortunately their quotes for my 435d & her 335d were so high that I moved to Onecall for half the cost.

When I got the Tesla Onecall wanted to charge me £886 ... so I'm now back with LV for £400.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Don't think I'm going to get into intimate details of how insurance works. It's tough Lisa, but these things happen. Involve your legal team via your legal cover, which you did take out, didn't you? It matters not what the price of the claim against you is or was, it's just the fact there is a claim that'll count against you. You don't say you dispute any blame, just the fact the 3rd party car was classed as written off. As for the 3rd party claiming their client's car is a write off, your insurance company would likely send a assessor to check the damage. A written off car may still be driven, writing it off doesn't mean it's not driveable. It's this assessor's report that is evidential, not what you may supply, though your evidence may be used to apportion blame. Personally holding Penny James liable to anything will result in failure, if you're experienced in litigation you'd know this. What is she personally liable for? A 3rd party claim against you, which your insurance company is paying? Oh, and emailing Nikhil Rathi will get you nowhere, not even going to explain why.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts