Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carplay/Android Auto retrofit by "Joyeauto" and for x250. To suit face lifted Jaguar XF's years 2012 to 2015. Bought recently and jury-rigged to my XF. All worked well but I had some suspicion I would soon be selling the Jag so didn't finalise an install. Lo and behold both the Jag and this unit is now up for sale. Needless to say it comes complete with all the cables/plugs and sockets and connection diagram/plan.
Remarkably easy to install and numerous YT videos showing precisely how it is done.This kit to fit cars with the Bosch display and is the current incarnation.

£310 delivered if you are interested.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm surprised this hasn't sold, if I wasn't paying out for redoing my garden this month, I'd of snapped it up.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes me too, especially when you see what their going rate is elsewhere. I'll sit tight and hopefully someone will see what good value it is!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Depending on how many extra costs my garden guys are going to spring on me, I might make you an offer at the end of the month.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to hear Chris. Yes, finding a spot to hide it is a bit of a challenge and most others have put it above the passenger footwell cover. I believe you might also be able to take out the glove box (easy job apparently) and there may be sufficient space behind that. I had intended to stick some velcro pads on the device and velcro hooks on the footwell cover. That would have kept it in place but unfortunately I never got round to checking the glove box possibility.
If you search on YT for Dennis Blackstock he shows how he mounted it in the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Brian. I checked behind the glovebox, not enough room there or on above the footwell cover. Looks like the velcro option may be the only way. At least it will be accessible.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Brian. I checked behind the glovebox, not enough room there or on above the footwell cover. Looks like the velcro option may be the only way. At least it will be accessible.
Hello Chris
Did you try dropping the passenger footwell under dash cover? It's held in by a number of plastic rivets and when released it will drop down, and you can place the AA box on that and then lift everything up and secure with the plastic rivets. You'll never know anything is there and it will look very tidy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts