Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a good year - a XFS Portfolio in IRR with the lovely ivory interior.

Bought privately at 110k with damage to the front and rear bumpers and the offside rear, all very minor and a trip to a paintshop corrected those. The wheels were refurbished and a new set of tyres - when I checked over the car used my fingers to gauge tread depth and one was low so thought '2 new tyres'. However, having bought it discovered each tyre was from an obscure Chinese manufacturer. Plus the cam belt had not been done, so full service, cam, auxiliary and fuel pump belts, water pump and tensioners. So the car was back in fine fettle. Fly in the ointment taking it in for a recall that had not been actioned and of course they disconnected the battery and the central locking did not work. So they made a claim to Jaguar and the car came back with new JBs and I had the loan of a Discovery for two weeks.

The only problem was recently on a trip to SW France the brake warning light came on. On stripping the calipers off one was seized so new discs, pads and calipers and all sorted

For the past 16 years have been driving estates and wanted something different and as we plan to tour europe a convertible seemed to fit the bill. So on the 30/09 the Jag will be PX for an MB E Class Cabriolet.

Just given the Jag a final wash and suddenly, a little sad to see it going.

Thanks for the help members have given but I will carry on viewing the jokes, certainly a tonic.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Alongside the wifes SLK

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

The replacement
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I know at the end of the day it's just a car, but I found that there is something about a Jaguar which has that little something extra. Can't put my finger on it but it's definitely there! lol

I'm not a huge fan of some of the Mercs but yours looks nice. Good colour as well!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
There's something about the blue and cream that make your new car look like a nice combination :)

I'm interested to see how it compares to your XF as an IRR XF with the Ivory leather is a stunning combination.

David.

Reactions: Ianf
1 - 3 of 3 Posts