Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went out for a spin. Maybe 10 miles each way. On way back noticed engine light on , car drives fine.Turned car off waited and back on but light still amber . Have the ctek connected just in case low battery related from lack of use over the past few months. Anyone have this happen on their xF x260 ?

·
18,051 Posts
Yes, I had it on v2. Took it into Charles Hurst - throttle body or something if I recall.

Reactions: googsy1

·
Registered
17,512 Posts
Just went out for a spin. Maybe 10 miles each way. On way back noticed engine light on , car drives fine.Turned car off waited and back on but light still amber . Have the ctek connected just in case low battery related from lack of use over the past few months. Anyone have this happen on their xF x260 ?
Sometimes, just cycling the ignition doesn't clear the engine fault light. Try it now, after you've had the car locked and shut down the whole caboodle.

·
Administrator
27,432 Posts
And also, sometimes fault codes need a cold start cycle to clear.

·
Super Moderator
11,089 Posts
Presumably you've checked the oil level recently?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Could just be lambda sensor due the quad... nothing relevant and it will disappear... and reappear

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went out this morning checked oil etc. Went for a spin light still on. Came back home and read the codes “ turbo overboost” relates to throttle body sticking as per Riggs suggestion. Also got an amber dpf warning so went for another spin this time 30 mins keeping speed between 42 and 70 . All lights extinguished so thinking it just needed a good run.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Sneaky wee buggers...
Next time, just disconnect the battery, that'll take the lights down (y)

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
My money’s still on a faulty amber warning lamp. Short circuit in the dash, making the light come on when it shouldn’t.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok CEL came back on yesterday again and has stayed on Despite going on a 30 mile run.I connected my LR2 which on the x260 only reads codes and won’t let you reset anything . Code was P16A4 which refers to Engine module control malfunction. I still think it’s related to the car not being driven. Car drives perfectly , smooth and with no hesitation or lumpiness .Any thoughts ?

·
18,051 Posts
BIt of WD40 on the throttle body actuator? Just throwing it out there.

·
18,051 Posts
WD40?

Sorry Conor, I genuinely don't know. Is the 3.0D that is in yours not a carry over from the X250?

If so, you might be able to find the throttle body location from the X250 workshop manual.

·
18,051 Posts

No' 10 Conor, I suppose you could find it, remove the plug and make sure the contacts are clean - then try again.

You say the car is driving fine - so I wouldn't take the throttle body actuator off.

Have you put it into S and Dynamic and given it the beans to be sure?

If the power delivery isn't quite there - then you could take the throttle body off and spray a bit of WD40 into the motor, then refit and try again.

It looks like it will only ever turn 90 degrees if its only opening a flap for the air intake.

IF none of that works - then you may have to bite the bullet and replace the part.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
My Bosch cordless drill threw a CEL yesterday. P2531 -Battery overheat, yet it was stone cold.

Wouldn’t turn, even with a fully charged battery.

My advice Conor, hit the engine hard with a hammer. My drill is working perfectly again and the car is bound to have some Bosch in it somewhere....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right went out this morning had a wiggle of the connections , one was slightly loose .Anyway started car light is gone took it for a spirited drive no light. Forgot how fast car is with dynamic and sport selected , scary..Let's see ...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts