Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who are slaves to all things Alexa, the Echo Auto is now on sale in the UK on the Amazon UK site. I've had mine in the car since I imported it from the US early in 2019 and am really pleased with it. I use it for all my in car music, navigation via my mobile and connection to all my other smart home stuff whilst on the road.
It integrates well with my XF ICE stuff via the aux input too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
18,717 Posts
Got a linky?

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
Hmm $29.99 in states £49.99 in UK :(

·
18,717 Posts
Hmm $29.99 in states £49.99 in UK :(
The Yanks and the Japs didn't call the UK "Treasure Island" for nothing 😕 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suspect the price will come down... I imported mine from the US at $29.99 and paid $10 for shipping..

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks good but honestly can’t see what it does that Siri can’t. I’d rather try to find a way of retrofitting apple car play to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Has anybody fitted one yet? I have had one bought for me, but can’t work out a decent way of mounting it.

·
Super Moderator
20,029 Posts
Looks good but honestly can’t see what it does that Siri can’t. I’d rather try to find a way of retrofitting apple car play to be honest

I have a google home in my car as Siri wont read out answers the same as google does.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Out of curiosity, has anyone looked at something like this?

Or this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
223 Posts
The second link looks like it only fits facelift models. I think the first version has been mentioned before but reversing camera functions were lost in connecting it up - maybe this was a different version as this claims to support reversing camera. They also don't show what the extra screen hardware looks like, which is a bit of a concern. Just showing screenshots of Carplay isn't that helpful. There was a guy working on replacing the lower button panel with a screen and mapping the button functions onto it, which sounds like a good idea and a different approach.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anybody fitted one yet? I have had one bought for me, but can’t work out a decent way of mounting it.
Mine is mounted on a small magnet under the steering column, wire along the centre tunnel trim and into the usb and aux sockets in the arm rest

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick post bump! Echo Auto now down to £29.99 on Amazon for Prime account holders today...

·
18,717 Posts

Just one example.

It's also a term I've heard directly from folks from the USA.

Even when the the exchange rate saw £1 = 2$, we were still paying the same figure for goods in the UK.
So if you were paying $500 for a domestic electrical good - then we would be paying £500 for the same item.
Thing like video recorders for example in the 80's and early 90's

We still have Victorian values - and 'not to make a fuss' was one of those.
It ended up with us accepting high prices for things - and getting screwed over.

We're getting a bit more savvy now, more since since the internet came about.

But the point about the Amazon Echo Auto prices in post#4 by Gav just goes to show my point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts