Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm having an issue with my 2017 F-Pace. In the past 4 months I've had to replace the (new) alternator and battery 3 times. right before the car stops working. I get a charging fault waring light that comes on. Then the car starts shutting down other systems before it stops working completely. Are there any know causes for this to happen or is it just bad parts?

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Sounds like you鈥榬e throwing money at it, best to get it checked with a competent garage this time

Reactions: FCS

Registered
Is that 3 alternators and 3 batteries the garage have put on? Presumably they haven't charged you each time as the warranty on the first newly supplied and fitted part(s) would cover their re-replacement. But it's not sounding correct that Jaguar supplied and fitted parts are failing in quick succession. Sounds like the garage isn't competent, but you've not supplied the full background of exactly what was changed, the history of these parts etc. There's no known issue per se that I'm aware of re the charging system on an E-Pace. If the garage was competent they should be able to diagnose the issue rather than just keep swapping parts?

Reactions: FCS and Gav
1 - 4 of 4 Posts