Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 0 XF 2010, silver, black interior trim.
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am, last evening sitting in the car, waiting for my meeting sponsor to arrive - music on fob in the car and along comes my colleague - so I open the drivers door to get out of the car and the alarm goes off - what is that all about?? And how can I stop this happening again chaps, without degrading the alarm capabilities? The doors were not locked.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Iirc it's in the alarm settings.
It isn't, it shouldn't ever do that while the fobs in the car and unlocked.

There is a setting which re-arms the alarm after a certain amount of time if the car has been unlocked and the door not opened. It doesn't actually lock the doors but the alarm will sound if the fob isn't present.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Hmm, as Phil says, the car shouldn't do this. Wonder if the door lock is playing up? There isn't a situation where this is expected behaviour.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Is your car keyless and do you have auto locking turned on?

If so I'd be thinking the same as cutlea01.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the car is keyless, I don't think the lock is playing up - it locks and unlocks on command. If there is a setting in security, what and where is it? Additionally I found out if I walk away from the car but leave it unlocked -after a very short time when I return and open the driver's door - the alarm also goes off!!
Oh joy!!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I'd suggest you check all the other doors for this behaviour. I don't believe there's a setting in the security menus for this. I still suspect your driver's door lock is faulty though, possibly reporting that the door is locked when it isn't, so when opened the alarm falsely triggers. Also check that once locked, with the keyfob nowhere near, that the doors are locked and cannot be opened. Door locks on Jaguars are very susceptible to failure in all manner of ways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good morning all
Re the door/security problem I think I missed an obvious issue! This week the fob started play up, getting "security key missing" warning on the display & I found difficulty in unlocking the car, plus having difficulty getting the ignition on! Guess what - the fob battery was defective! So when the alarm went off with me still in the car, because the key fob transmitter was weak the security system did not see hence when the door was opened, even from the inside the system didn't know I was there and saw a "attack"!!
QED

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Good morning all
Re the door/security problem I think I missed an obvious issue! This week the fob started play up, getting "security key missing" warning on the display & I found difficulty in unlocking the car, plus having difficulty getting the ignition on! Guess what - the fob battery was defective! So when the alarm went off with me still in the car, because the key fob transmitter was weak the security system did not see hence when the door was opened, even from the inside the system didn't know I was there and saw a "attack"!!
QED
Glad you got it sorted. And thanks for coming back to let us know.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Popeye and cutlea01
1 - 9 of 9 Posts