Jaguar Forum banner

Alarm blinker

570 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  PeteA 
#1 ·
Hi this has been bugging me for a while should there be a cover which goes over the alarm flasher? If so could someone point me in the right direction to get one! Cheers

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes. The grill is held in place with clips, just carefully prise it out with a plastic pry tool and disconnect the cable to the sensor. The alarm sensor/indicator is attached to the grill with 2 screws. I think the sensor cover is part of the sensor rather than the grill, but never seen one for sale second had without the grill, such as:

Ebay: Jaguar XF Dash Centre Speaker Grill

Reactions: ade3101
#4 ·
It also adjusts the brightness of the dash lights and is used to help determine when the headlights turn on/off when in auto mode.

Reactions: ade3101 and Gav
#6 ·
Maybe so Phil, mine has an adjuster dial but it also varies depending on the external light levels.. and when driving through The Glynn Valley which has very variable amounts of sky visible due to the varying tree canopy, the dash lights going up and down in intensity annoys the sh1t out of me!!

Reactions: Guest
#8 ·
Good thought but I've never used the 'Auto' setting Hamed.. it happens when the lights are on 'side' or 'full'.. Just been out to check and the dial is making no difference to the amount of light on the main dash at the moment (as you have said), only the centre column and 'theatre lights' change.. will try to remember to look later when it's 'dark' outside, if I do I'll report back...

Mind you.. bearing in mind that we're talking about XF's , it'll probably be different for different cars... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.