Jaguar Forum banner

AHBA Retrofit

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  gloriashield 
#1 ·
My Jag is 2017MY X351 and it doesn't have an IPMA, so I can't use AHBA(Auto High Beam Assist).

I found that HS-CAN pins on the Rear-View-Mirror connector. It is 7/8.

And I found that there is a Rear-View-Mirror for AHBA for XJ without IPMA. Its part number is FW93-17E678-H(G)C. It needs a new cover, it is more longer then old cover.

Installation is very easy. No needs any other tools.

When I run SDD it looks like IPMA is availabled. Of course, this is HCMB, not IPMA. Next, fix CCF. only need to modify 3 items.

• 445 (AUTO_HIGH_BEAM) : 0x02 (Fitted)
  • 445 (PARAM_CCF_AHB_SENSITIVITY_MENU) : 0x08 (Enabled)
  • 445 (PARAM_CCF_AHB_CALIBRATION) " : 0x20 or your country

"Service Features > select New Modules Configuration". Then you can use AHBA.

You can also use TSR. But LDW and Intelligent Speed Limit don't work, yet.

Many Thanks,
KIM

See less See more
#2 ·
Well done Kim, and well documented for everyone.

#9 · (Edited)
You are welcome. Thank you! :D

When I enabled AHBA on my x260, everything came alive in settings but the lamps wouldn't go to full beam.
I had inteneded to update the IPMA software but a visit to the dealer for some warranty work meant that the cameras had to be replaced and they updated IPMA for me.
After that the AHBA worked when I enabled it.

There is a calibration routine you can run which means taking it out for a half hour drive with SDD connected.
You are right. When I first installed IPMA I couldn't use AHBA. I could see the DTC showing that IPMA configuration is required. My Jag completed learning using by SDD after, I can use it.

Is it such a chore to do it manually?
Noop, AHBA is a very important for next feature enable. I'm living in South Korea. Our country is small. Thanks to this, there are not many dark roads even at night. Yes, AHBA is not important to me.

I would like to use Driver Assist features like LDW. LDW requires IPMA or HCMB. AHBA is the most basic function available when these modules are installed.

#3 ·
When I enabled AHBA on my x260, everything came alive in settings but the lamps wouldn't go to full beam.
I had inteneded to update the IPMA software but a visit to the dealer for some warranty work meant that the cameras had to be replaced and they updated IPMA for me.
After that the AHBA worked when I enabled it.

There is a calibration routine you can run which means taking it out for a half hour drive with SDD connected.

#5 ·
no but just like LKA assist its a driver convenience, you can turn it off and on too and use manual mode.
you can then concentrate on driving safely instead of taking your hand off the steering wheel

Reactions: Statler
#11 ·
@Onotole , Thanks to you, I learned something new and I am using bottom now. AHBA and TSR are working very well. However, LDW is not yet available.

I was able to find the LDW in CCF 97 Bytes. If 0x33 is selected, LDW and TSR will be used. However, LDW related menu could not be found in Cluster.

LKA is at 497 Bytes. Replacing it with 0x02 (Fitted) will cause the Cluster to throw an unknown error.

Do you have any good ideas for me?

Best regards,
KIM

#12 ·
What mirror do you have? With ahba sensor only? Then tsr is not working well. It draws signs on dash using info from navi, not from camera. If you have bottom, with small camera, then 0x97 will be enough. What hcmb do you have in sdd? Is it camera from xj? Or Range Rover?

#13 ·
@Onotole , Thank you for your interest.

This is the Rear-View-Mirror I new installed on my Jag. It is a part for 2017 Jaguar XJ, not Land Rover. Part number is FW93-17E678-HC. It has a mono camera.

I'm pretty sure TSR works fine.

HERE Map installed on my Jag is 2020 last updated version. (I don't care because I am using Navigation installed on CarPlay.) My country has changed the maximum speed limit in the every city from 60km to 50km from 2021. And all the traffic signs have been changed(60 to 50).

HERE Map still shows 60Km, Cluster shows exactly 50Km.

I have already changed "0x97 Bytes"'s value to 0x33.But there was no change. I suspect that there is no LDW menu in my XJ's Cluster.

I've tried one. My Rear-View-Mirror is a mono camera so I can't use LKA. I tried changing the 467 Bytes's 000/001 bit to 0x02 (FITTED).

Then only the lane indicator was displayed without any LKA related configuration menu. Of course, this is not normal.

I did not understand what I missing. Could you have any good ideas?

Best regards,
KIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.