Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Some news...
After laptop, windows and adapter problems, we could start this evening with a first SDD session in the car. Some vbf files are missing. Internet is still not available there. So we will check tomorrow what is missing and try to configure BCM as existing module. I think, it won't work. But it's worth trying it.

What do you think about these two steps. I would configure the KVM as existing module. Or I could start with configuring
BCM as new module. What would you prefer?

After configuring KVM as existing, I would configure the following modules as existing modules: BCM -> BCMB -> GSM....
As SDD told me today. These recommendations are listed by SDD according to my selected symptom.
Computer Personal computer Operating system Font Screenshot

Cheers
Dirk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Back with updates and a big question. We tried to configure the Keyless Vehicle Module as new module. SDD is starting downloading software but finally fails. Is this a symptom for a dead KVM? Or do we have communication problems with Win10 and the adapter?

We then tried configuring BCM as new module it fails, too. Says that some files are not present. Maybe it needs the VIN based as built file (VIN.vbf)? I downloaded all 2013 XF calibration files and as built files. They are all present at \common\flash\vbf.

I need your help. What to do next? Buy a new KVM? Or just re-configure another module? Or is the only way, to fix the bricked BCM first?
Maybe @MoJo88, @Onotole , @hamedhbb , @dekiello can help?
I appreciate any hint.

Personal computer Font Operating system Electronic device Technology
Font Technology Screenshot Operating system Multimedia

Dirk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks hamed for your reply. Starting with KVM as best guess and because MoJo started with KVM with my XF. But it is more or less best guess.
I am really sorry about the wifi mess. It is a Mac with Win10 in a virtualbox. Win10 won't connect to the hotspot. The much older IBM laptop had an issue with the powersupply and the mongoose. So Levin had to switch to the MAC as it is the only laptop available at the moment. But if this communication error turns out to be an issue of the virtualbox, we will stop searching and first try to get another laptop. That's why I ask for your opinion. And if it won't be a 5 hours trip, I would rather meet with Levin with my own equipment than assist via WhatsApp.
I send Levin all my 2013 XF calibration files and as built files that I downloaded 2 months ago (3 GB data). In my opinion they are generic and not linked to my VIN. The only file that is missing for Levin's XF, is the VIN based as-built file. I was not able to download it for my XF or for Levin's XF. Jaguar server reports error. But I have this file on my laptop for my XF. It seems it has been created during MoJo's actions on my XF.
Levin copied all these calibration files and as built files to the VBF folder of SDD. But for the BCM this doesn't help. Some file is missing. So he couldn't configure the BCM as new module. For the KVM all files are available, but the communication error is shown. After the message "starting software download job" SDD starts to copy the software to the module. So it might be a virtualbox issue.

If you would start with another module, please let me know. We are willing to try nearly everything....including raindance.... ;) .
I would give this virtualbox another offline chance. If I am correct, BCM and/or BCMB stores a copy of the as-built configuration. Can I download it from the car to the laptop? And would this help to configure the BCM as new module? I just think loud :) because I am not sure where my own VIN.vbf file is coming from :cool: .

Dirk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi guys,
any ideas or suggestions? Is this error code A01 related to the adapter? Or is the KVM really not communicating right?
SDD is able to retrieve information from the module. So somehow the communication should work. But why this communication error? Or does the KVM block the re-programming due to (i.e.) too many programming attempts?

Would be nice to get some more feedback :)

Dirk

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,379 Posts
I’m no expert but if it can communicate with the kvm to retrieve some info I’d suggest it’s speaking to it ok.
I‘m sure I read somewhere that if you loose both keys, you need a new kvm as it won’t accept new keys. Not sure how true that is , someone will come along more knowledgeable to explain.

viel glück Dirk und Levin

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks Gav.
Heard the same. But a nice hint. We will check via <verify keys> if both keys are still present. I googled this communication error A01. Only a few results. So I assume it is not really a control module fault. You would have more results, if it were a control module fault. I guess, it is more a laptop or adapter issue.

Dirk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would say your problem is the virtual machine , it shouldn't do anything with the KVM as it is not affected. The CJB is the culprit. You have to have proper laptop with ideally virgin installation of windows. SDD is very fragile in relations to computer that it works from and power supply. It might need to update firmware for it but it would download it and it would be literally few hundred KB...and it might not update it as it will already have the most recent one.
Get a Windows laptop, properly working WiFi in range and battery support unit plus laptop not working on battery but also plugged in.
Or you can get a new CJB from a dealer and program that...however cost will be much higher.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thank you for your feedback, dekiello!
Indeed, much higher costs, if ask Jaguar for help :) . If they only charge the CJB and programming, it will be ca 2500 EUR. Nice.
As you said, we will go for a proper running laptop with Windows and WiFi at the car first.

Dirk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just reading through your previous posts and I'm just wondering...just to check - as this is my case - you dont have android auto box connected to your infotainment system ? I had that and it was disrupting communication within the car network and updates were failning when that was happening...also I'm not familiar with KVM module and its behaviour after failing to update it might have stop responding completely. As Germany is a big country maybe you have someone around that is doing car ECU programming and if they have XPROG programmer or any other programmer that can be connected to EPROM and erase it you can bring the CJB to a virgin state and it will program the car from scratch and add two keys to it - remember you have to have two keys present in the car when programming new CJB.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for coming back with these information. I will check with Levin, if he has such an entertainment upgrade :) . I believe he has not. But let's check it out. I will also check for any ECU-upgrade or re-mapping.
I had the same suggestion with discontinued communication from the KVM and the CJB. That's why I asked, if anybody has seen this communication error during their SDD sessions. Even I didn't have this error during my sessions. After all information I got so far, it doesn't seem to be a KVM or CJB error.

We found one company not so far away from Levin, that is capable to re-program the CJB with XPROG or similiar tools. There are even more companies or individuals for BMW, Mercedes or VW. But when we come to this point, I will ask MoJo for a reliable contact for re-programing in Germany. Maybe he knows somebody. First we want to update and have it running in the temporary state. Maybe with the windscreen washer issue...or maybe not. You will never know, till you try.
We have the two original keys. So in the end, everything should work fine again :sneaky:.
We will see.

Dirk

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's getting worse 💩

Hope somebody can confirm my speculation....
Power supply. New laptop. Mongoose adapter. Alarm went on for 10 minutes yesterday during a programming
step. But I don't have further details.
Today Levin tried to configure BCM as existing. And the result is here. I really assume that there is something wrong with the setup of Laptop+Windows+Adapter. Maybe even the adapter itself.

But...there is always a but. Today Levin sent me this screenshot of the DTC read. Sorry, it is in German. I asked Google about the first two DTCs and got some results here
Help Jaguar x250 XF 2013 BCM Fail !!! ??? - MHH AUTO - Page 1
Even if the adapter and windows has its problems, the BCM is really damaged and has to re-programmed. Right?

Rectangle Font Electronic device Parallel Machine
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

Have a nice evening
Dirk

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,379 Posts
Let us know what you did you fix this guys?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Things are moving forward :) MoJo scanned the car yesterday. Seems to be a combination of know BCM fault and faulty KVM. We will go for a new KVM. MoJo will program it as soon as it arrives.
Thank you very much MoJo, for your patience and help!

Dirk

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Hi Dirk, if it would help I would happily get it and post it on to you via DHL or some such carrier. Phil

21 - 40 of 51 Posts