Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hello Levin,
welccome to the forum :) . Is the only error message the message "Smart key not found" ? Or do you have other symptoms like "No ignition" when you press the start button? Is the start button flashing (heartbeat flashing) when you open the drivers door?

Dirk

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
'Smart key not found' after a battery disconnect on a facelift is classic XF BCM failure, as would be the central locking not working properly. Jaguar independent dealer needed or SDD and help from someone over TeamViewer or similar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the help. the car has the start-stop function. I have a key without the doors automatically unlocking when I walk to the car. I turned off the car and after about 5 minutes replaced the battery. I connected the battery in one go without any wobbles, and something sparked at the battery pole. I had left the small battery in during this time. Now the interior light works, but not the Start-stop button. I can't finish that either. Interestingly, the headlight button on the key works, if I press it twice in a row, the headlights on the car come on. Pressing it again turns it off. I can't access the SSD because I don't have the hardware for it. Also I don't know what BCM and BCMB is.

When I open the door, only the interior lights come on. Only when I press start does the message "Smart key not found" appear. The start button does not flash.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Hi, there is a write up on here about this, it is recommended to leave the car for at least 20 minutes with the fob well away from the car before attempting to remove the battery. Phil

Reactions: Levinxf

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Levin,
sorry to hear that you don't have SDD to get access to your car. But you will definetly need SDD + Adapter to solve this problem. Do you have a chance to get a laptop with win7 or win10? I can send you a link where to buy an adapter.

Dirk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, there is a write up on here about this, it is recommended to leave the car for at least 20 minutes with the fob well away from the car before attempting to remove the battery. Phil
Yes, i learn…
Hi Levin,
sorry to hear that you don't have SDD to get access to your car. But you will definetly need SDD + Adapter to solve this problem. Do you have a chance to get a laptop with win7 or win10? I can send you a link where to buy an adapter.

Dirk
yes, i have an old win7 Laptop. I can buy the Adapter

·
Registered
121 Posts
It seems recently it is a whole pandemic of this issue as there was good few posts here recently about it.
Check my post here:

You need sdd , cable and ideally battery support unit. You have to program central junction box as a new unit. It will bring the car back from dead but your windscreen washer won't work and this needs either a new CJB or removing existing one and bringing it to virgin level. You might find someone locally that has xprog programmer and will upload virgin file to the CJB for you. I live in Ireland so no one around and had to do it myself. Take a read on my post above.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Adapter arrived today. First scan is not so good. Immobilization is not successfull :(
BCM lost the ECU information. All other modules seem to be ok. No further special characters or question marks stored there.
@MoJo88
Do we need to get the BCM reprogrammed offline? Or is there a chance to use any service function to bring it back to life? Or, worst case, do we need a new BCM?

Overview:
Computer Personal computer Operating system Gadget Office equipment

BCM (Front)
Computer Personal computer Font Rectangle Electronic device

BCMB (Rear)
Font Rectangle Parallel Document Paper

Cheers
Dirk and Levin

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
You don't need the seed code as you are not doing any ccf changes. Just service --> recommendations and you will find program central junction box there ... Strongly recommended to have bsu as it will stop if the battety drops below 12.4V and you have to follow every step even if the star button gives you no response if sdd tells you to switch ignition on just press it...it will show the "key not detected" message but it has to be that way.
Yes plenty of question marks before programming CJB.
You will bring your car back to life if you program your existing cjb as new one. It it a temporary measure as windscreen washer won't be working but your car will drive again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you very much for your feedback dekiello!!

Dirk
Just remember that you have to have two keys present in the car as the procedure needs that. It might not work straight away after programming and you will have to run immobilization once the start button is alive again - this is what I had to do as straight after programming CJB start button was only switching the ignition but not starting the car so don't panic and run immobilization in the recommendations :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the hint! Went through the FOB programming and learning steps twice with MoJo with my own XF. And my CMB was not corrupted. It was just out of sync. Sometimes our XFs are like litte Divas :) .
I will check with Levin, what he want to do now. Unfortunately he lives nearly 500 km away from me.

Dirk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Things moving forward... Suitable power supply missing. The availabe one only delivers 16A. In my opinion too small. But I might be wrong. Levin is checking for a bigger one or maybe for this session for a jump start solution. But Levin managed to get to the SSD page for programming the modules. So step by step...we are not in a hurry :)

@dekiello
Did you have to download any files for the CJB/BCM from the Jaguar server? If so, did you download it before you connected to the car or only during the programming step?
I just ask, because the internet access is not the best, where the XF is parked currently. And I know that SSD has a function to download the software and calibration files for your model. It stores the packages on your disk. And might it use during the programming step? That's the thing, I havn't tried it so far.

Dirk

1 - 20 of 51 Posts