Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
My daughter is one of those who puts the seat all the way back so she can shove her junk in the footwell in front of her.
Problem is in the F-Type the seat doesn't go a helluva long way back so she is still a bit cramped for room (and she is all of 5 foot nothing).
SWMBO is the complete opposite, she likes the seat waaaaaay forward (and upright) and stows her junk in the hatch.
So my three seat memory settings are 1. for SWMBO (the most common passenger), 2. for my daughter and 3. for moi (seeing as I very rarely sit in the passenger seat). Between them the three settings cover pretty much the entire gamut of possible adjustments!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Reactions: Statler

·
Administrator
27,549 Posts
And all this time I thought it was just the current Mrs Wilf who enjoyed filling her footwell with "stuff".

Just defies logic.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Admittedly, it can be very handy if you're on a longish journey, as you don't have to stop to get the food out of the boot.
There's usually a full Tesco shop in there with everything else.... ;)

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
Just checked mine and hey! I don't have it . . . . . . but it is indeed mentioned in the handbook.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I do like the idea of this. My wife always wants to sit with the seat as far back as she possibly can as instead of using the back seat for her belongings, she decides to squeeze them into the footwell with her...
Shoes. I am often pulling a few pairs of shoes out of the footwell, along with various other things. Who knew that boot could stay empty when there’s a footwell available?!

·
Registered
206 Posts
We don't have the luxury of moving the seat back though as we usually have the kids in the back and a rear facing seat in the back of an XF doesn't leave much option to move the seats back.
Found this out just before I left home and we put a rearward facing car seat in behind the drivers seat. I can’t get drivers seat in my normal driving position.

With another rearward facing seat in passenger side rear seat, there’s no room for my 7 year old in the middle of the rear bench.

Second car time will happen when I get back to Blighty.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Shoes. I am often pulling a few pairs of shoes out of the footwell, along with various other things. Who knew that boot could stay empty when there’s a footwell available?!
I have no idea at all why I laughed at that Ken... ;)

Reactions: NewcyBlue

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
a small update ,
the switch has arrived , Jaguar list it ( and it is in stock ) at over £100 !! , i didn't pay that for a brand new genuine JLR one from an alternative source for £15 , a little bit of lateral thinking can save hundreds !!!

i have the bezel surround on order ( £4.51) , and also the mounting frame ( £4.88 ) both of which were nearly £40 each from Jaguar....., i will now have to find what wiring and plug it needs ( it may already in my top spec seat ? ) , it needs three wires in a 6 pin plug, goes to the front seat module ,

BB

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
another small update, and a quick trip to the parts dept and i now have all i need to proceed

the seat frame switch mount ( with the switch now installed )

and with the outer bezel fitted ( test fit )

just got to pull apart my front passenger seat now, lol

BB;)

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Good luck BB. (y)

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
I'll be very interested in this. It's a feature I'd love to have.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Very nice BB....so they are all or mostly Volvo parts? Shocking how Jaguar hike the prices when they can be purchased for a fraction of price on fleebay or even Volvo :)

From recent experience of dismantling my seats, Once you remove the backing plastic covers off the seat you should be able to unhook the covers which will give you access to the side of the seats :) I am sure you must have figured that out ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
From recent experience of dismantling my seats, Once you remove the backing plastic covers off the seat you should be able to unhook the covers which will give you access to the side of the seats :) I am sure you must have figured that out ;)
cheers, but yes, been there done that, lol , but good info for those that have not yet destroyed their cars lol,

so , on my ' spare ' seats that i removed, i thought i would do a dry run , it seems the cutouts and mounts are already there in the foam and on the frame, removal is as easy as mentioned by kjsingh ,

and gently folding over the seat covering reveals the foam ready for the mount and switch

so , time to fit it in the car, but not today , too damn hot, lol

BB

Reactions: kjsingh

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wowzer!!! I must have completely missed the pre-cut in the foam :O so PSA should work on non sport seats?

This is my old foam I removed from my seats during the heated seats retrofit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
i would say so ,
but you will need to hack into the forward/back wiring , just splice into it ,

BB

Reactions: PeteA and kjsingh

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
i would say so ,
but you will need to hack into the forward/back wiring , just splice into it ,

BB
Are you sure the wiring/connector isn't already there? I'd be amazed if they used two different looms - one for the seat with PSA and one without.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Are you sure the wiring/connector isn't already there? I'd be amazed if they used two different looms - one for the seat with PSA and one without.
I am pretty sure there is a connector under the seat however can definitely confirm no wiring from the cutout in the foam to the base of the seat. Well atleast in the comfort seats.

When doing the heated seats retrofit I had to port across the wiring from donor seats to mine for the seating element.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
i dont think the seat ' style ' determines the PSA function ( sport or luxury ) , however the seat movement/memory specification might,
as the wiring diagram shows it connecting to the seat module, non memory and low spec seats do not have a module, and no wiring is shown for this specification for the PSA

so say an 8 way non memory seat wont have a module and wont have PSA

an 18 way memory seat will have a module and can have PSA fitted easily

BB

Reactions: kjsingh
21 - 40 of 42 Posts