Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Started my car up this evening and a warning came up on the dash, saying 'Adaptive dynamics fault'.

The ride home was noticeably bumpy, so I'm guessing that's suspension, although I can't say it felt at all familiar - I've driven cars with broken springs and worn out shocks, but it didn't exactly feel like either of those. Probably the closest sensation was when the air springs on our old Citroen Grand Picasso were about to fail.

Which worries me because that was expensive even on a Citroen... Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Andy

Edit: should have said, 2014 XJ 3.0D Portfolio

·
Registered
861 Posts
More than likely find that one of the sensors is defective. This leads to the suspension defaulting to a harder setting. A code reader will locate the defective sensor which, if I remember correctly, are approximately £70 each.

Easy to change and quite obvious once the wheel is removed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just went out with my OBD reader. The fault has vanished, for now at least.

The listed historic fault codes it has read don't immediately seem to bear any relation to the dashboard report.

I've got U0447, P169F, P250A and P2800 all listed. But I'm pretty sure this was the first time any warning has popped up on the dash while I've owned the car.

Sent from my Power_3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,784 Posts
Turn the engine off and back on again.

I get occasional faults popping up like that, but they disappear (and don't reappear) after an engine restart.

·
Registered
861 Posts
In that case I would suggest you fully charge the battery overnight as it may have gotten a little low.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My XJL got this "adaptive dynamics fault" after changing the shock absorber. I have replaced from outside garage and the guy dont have any idea of programming as such. Check the connection to shock absorber (there is a tiny 2 pin connector) on both side (1 side is below the coolant box, just lift the coolant box and make sure that, this is properly plugged in / cable is not broken. No programing as such required and can save more than 4K easily. Jaguar service center recommendation was to change the front side shocks and this connectors which was costing more than 4K.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Hi Sangeeth, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting the above info, but you have replied to a thread that's over 3.5 years old! I'd presume Andy, the OP by now had fixed it, plus he hasn't been on for over 2 years. Pop over to the intro area and tell us about yourself, your car etc. Looks like you're not UK based too?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts