Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Will have to check the cost tracker but over 200 from memory
I suddenly don't feel so bad about spending £87!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
Just found some literature, for it and the 4 rivets (that I didnt use) was nearly 300 😂

Worth it have working cruise again though

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just found some literature, for it and the 4 rivets (that I didnt use) was nearly 300

Worth it have working cruise again though
Eek!
I didn't have any screws big enough - so used nuts and bolts (with threadlocker).

Because access inside the crash beam is so limited it took me about an hour

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
296 Posts
i used self drilling stainless 'Tek-screws ' , perfect

BB

Reactions: jimini78

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
i used self drilling stainless 'Tek-screws ' , perfect

BB
I measured the holes for the bracket before going to Homebase... but still ended up with the wrong size.
I couldn't cope with going back and queuing to get in again - so decided to make do with what I had to hand

Reactions: brake-buster

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try buying the earlier bracket, much more offensive pricing 😅

There is indeed an additional module on the earlier models
I have a pre facelift Jag XF and i will attempt to do this if i can get the parts, do you know the part number for the module? i can't find it anywhere. No way i will pay that much for a piece of metal at the stealership, if i can find the dimensions for the bracket i will do it myself.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I don't know the part number as I haven't seen the module, but when searching for the radar and whatnot I came across it. Also had to double check at the dealer, I may be able to find it again.

Unfortunately I have thrown the old one otherwise I would have sent it to you...

I can do metal fabrication with a dremel and pliers so I wouldn't have been able to make something neat enough!

If I find the part number I will let you know

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have a pre facelift Jag XF and i will attempt to do this if i can get the parts, do you know the part number for the module? i can't find it anywhere. No way i will pay that much for a piece of metal at the stealership, if i can find the dimensions for the bracket i will do it myself.

VIN dependent parts:

I have a radar in the garage still in the packaging, it is second hand, but let me know if you're interested...

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Just about to leave for the local tip, when I get back I will check details and look at what I paid... that's what I'd be looking for really

·
Registered
408 Posts
GAP Diagnostics have just replied to my email and have advised that if I buy a VIN Licence for my IID Tool that it will also do CCF Editing. I've used it for my Range Rover, Mum's Freelander and Dad's Range Rover CCF's previously but only ever to clear faults on the XF.

I'll buy a licence for it over the next few days and will see how I get on with the Queue Assist option.

David.

Reactions: jimini78
41 - 52 of 52 Posts