Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Got a little issue with the active exhausts. The button doesn’t seem to do anything. There used to be quite a distinctive change but now it’s identical. There’s been a little bit of a rattle noise as the revs increase but I never thought more of it.

It’s booked into Listers Jaguar next Thursday with a lovely £150 diagnostic fee despite having Jaguar used warranty...

Any ideas of things I can check in the meantime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Hi all. Got a little issue with the active exhausts. The button doesn’t seem to do anything. There used to be quite a distinctive change but now it’s identical. There’s been a little bit of a rattle noise as the revs increase but I never thought more of it.

It’s booked into Listers Jaguar next Thursday with a lovely £150 diagnostic fee despite having Jaguar used warranty...

Just wondering for future reference for myself, do you get the diagnostics fee back if they discover a problem covered by the warranty?

·
Registered
18,724 Posts

From memory of others posting about active exhausts, there is a fuse. Worth checking that first I'd have thought.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The active exhaust on my 2011 XKR works by a vacuum pump. The pump is under ECU control and when the pump runs it closes the exhaust valve making the exhaust quieter. If the fuse blows (or is removed) the exhaust valves then stay open permanently, making the exhaust permanently loud. No idea if the system is the same on the F-Type so no idea if the above is of any use to you!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yes, same on my ftype

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliant thanks I’ll give a check in the morning. And I believe you do get the fee back as long as it’s a warranty item

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Brilliant thanks I’ll give a check in the morning. And I believe you do get the fee back as long as it’s a warranty item

Thanks, that's good to know. (y):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts