Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Le Mans edition XFR
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned the XFR for 3 years & 3 months now and only just today noticed that the side skirts are different on each side.
The drivers is XFR & the passenger side seems to be standard XF. How I never noticed that before seeing as how often I wash it is beyond me. But what a bizarre thing to do.
I've found one on the bay in the UK but postage alone is £300. I'll have to keep looking.

·
Registered
285 Posts
A friend of mine had a car with a slightly different no plate at one end to the other and never noticed for years. Before you had to take your log book to get a plate made I guess, but 2 numbers or letters were transposed.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
A friend of mine had the same Ant.. and he bought it from a copper!!.. :LOL:

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
I've owned the XFR for 3 years & 3 months now and only just today noticed that the side skirts are different on each side.
The drivers is XFR & the passenger side seems to be standard XF. How I never noticed that before seeing as how often I wash it is beyond me. But what a bizarre thing to do.
I've found one on the bay in the UK but postage alone is £300. I'll have to keep looking.
I have a pair of white XFR sills in the garage that need a new home. They need a bit of filler on places, but are sound.

Bought them for my X250 luxury but never fitted them.

I bought them from England and I’m sure they only cost about £25 to post.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Have you got pics of both sides. Probably not as easy to tell when not side by side perhaps?

·
Registered
2010 Le Mans edition XFR
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, here you go; 1st one looks standard, 2nd is XFR.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
You're quite right, standard and aero pack.. that's intriguing isn't it...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe the aero sills were an add on item, possibly only one got fitted or one has been damaged at some point and removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Le Mans edition XFR
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It needs sorting that's for sure. Now I'm keeping it I'll sort that and a wheel refurb.

·
Registered
2010 Le Mans edition XFR
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a pair of white XFR sills in the garage that need a new home. They need a bit of filler on places, but are sound.

Bought them for my X250 luxury but never fitted them.

I bought them from England and I’m sure they only cost about £25 to post.
Hi Statler. The postage is UK to here in France. £300 is far too much and there will now also be import duty since brexit. I have found one on ebay Germany though with free delivery, so all's not lost.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
I believe the aero sills were an add on item, possibly only one got fitted or one has been damaged at some point and removed.
The sills, or aero pack option, were model dependant, on the XFR/S or 'S' they were standard.. maybe on others but I don't think so?...

·
Registered
19,092 Posts
Aero pack was an option on the prefacelift XF-S (mine had it). Don't know about later models.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Hi Statler. The postage is UK to here in France. £300 is far too much and there will now also be import duty since brexit. I have found one on ebay Germany though with free delivery, so all's not lost.
No problem.
I’m in Northern Ireland, we’re still in the EU, so no Customs to pay, lol

I saw you’d Manchester in your profile and forgot you were in France.

·
Registered
2010 Le Mans edition XFR
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem.
I’m in Northern Ireland, we’re still in the EU, so no Customs to pay, lol

I saw you’d Manchester in your profile and forgot you were in France.
Yes, born in Manchester and lived in Cheshire before coming to France. I'd hate to split your pair and have found one in Germany but now also found that there is postage after all.
If you're willing to sell just the left hand passenger side one please let me know how much. Cheers.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Yes, born in Manchester and lived in Cheshire before coming to France. I'd hate to split your pair and have found one in Germany but now also found that there is postage after all.
If you're willing to sell just the left hand passenger side one please let me know how much. Cheers.
TBH I’d prefer to sell them as a pair.

If you’re happy to do it, Pm me your address and we can discuss that once I’ve got a postage cost.

·
Administrator
28,196 Posts
Why change it? As it stands, your car is "special", possibly unique. And I would put a Euro or two on it that unless you told them, no-one else will ever notice. ;)

·
Registered
2010 Le Mans edition XFR
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why change it? As it stands, your car is "special", possibly unique. And I would put a Euro or two on it that unless you told them, no-one else will ever notice. ;)
You're maybe right Wilf. As they only made 50 of these Le Mans models it's already rare. I can't believe I never noticed it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts