Jaguar Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Why not chemically strip it?

Dan’s pot and compressor is good for wheels and small parts. He got hold of a cubic metre water container which is now his blasting cabinet but the stuff still goes everywhere.

It won’t blast soft finishes like under seal as the media just bounces off it. I’d imagine powder coat is a soft finish to absorb most stone attacks and hence you need a seriously powerful blaster to get it off

·
Registered
20,483 Posts
Chemistry! Find your local, friendly plating company and have them lower it into a vat of acid. Stripped and passified, it would look new.

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well attention turned to the mundane - get the kitty into a place I don't need to worry about dodging rain and got way more sun than I care for (I don't tan I just burn - in minutes) - then managed to knock my darn gas bottle over and fubarred my regulator so couldn't do any welding but the stage is set.

I've removed the wing to get at a patch on the A pillar - I plan to cut this out and weld in new.

Managed to get the new roof lining in too but failed to take pic's - I'll rectify that at some point - I did it yesterday before I put the tent around it (because I wouldn't have been able to get it in once the tent was up) and got scorched - it was also way too hot to be mucking about in the car so I'm semi hoping the temporary structure it is in can help with that also although I doubt it - tents in sun aren't a good mix I fear.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts