Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning ahead with 60K full service quotations as the 65 plate XF 2.0L D is due in 6-7 months time. Plus any other hidden oddities which may require maintenance / repair.

The vehicle has 45K mileage and all working fine apart from stop/start (likely secondary battery is near dead and requires charging)

JLR garage came back with £650 approx quote inc genuine parts, labour & VAT.

I mentioned the cam belt replacement (mentioned on a few posts) and that would happen on ten years age or 100K mil, costing around £1600.

Some way to go yet...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is there a reason you're getting this done at the stealers? (still in warranty maybe?)

I got my CAM belt done at a local Jag Indy for £350-£400.
Full service at same indy is £250 or major service is £350 excluding VAT.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,871 Posts
Planning ahead with 60K full service quotations as the 65 plate XF 2.0L D is due in 6-7 months time. Plus any other hidden oddities which may require maintenance / repair.

The vehicle has 45K mileage and all working fine apart from stop/start (likely secondary battery is near dead and requires charging)

JLR garage came back with £650 approx quote inc genuine parts, labour & VAT.

I mentioned the cam belt replacement (mentioned on a few posts) and that would happen on ten years age or 100K mil, costing around £1600.

Some way to go yet...
You don't have a secondary battery so either your batter is low or your a/c has leaked. Does it work if you turn the a/c off?
Also you don't have a belt it's a chain.

Reactions: FCS and RickJagXF

·
Registered
212 Posts
If yours is a 2.0D then it is the X260 model which has a timing chain and not a belt, so doesn't need changing. Which JLR garage did you speak to as they should have told you that!!

Reactions: FCS

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Is there a reason you're getting this done at the stealers? (still in warranty maybe?)

I got my CAM belt done at a local
still in warranty maybe
It has third party warranty but for looking around a moderate quotation cost...its some months away. £200 pound difference on full service..wow
for £350-£400.
Full service at same indy is £250 or major service is £350 excluding VAT.
I do have warranty on it but its third party...for now, just looking around for quotations

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't have a secondary battery so either your batter is low or your a/c has leaked. Does it work if you turn the a/c off?
Also you don't have a belt it's a chain.
The AC is working fine. I'll test it with AC off and see what happens...thanks Gav. The open question was around any other maintenance work required on top of the the full service, so the belt replacement question came up.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
The auxiliary belt on the XFR is recommended by Jaguar at the 9 year service so sounds a bit early to me too. Mine was changed and it was in very good condition

Reactions: SuperDoop

·
Registered
130 Posts
If yours is a 2.0D then it is the X260 model which has a timing chain and not a belt, so doesn't need changing. Which JLR garage did you speak to as they should have told you that!!
I was quoted to have a belt by thé local stealer on an ingenium engine. I do wish they employed people with technical knowledge.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
I’d recommend you do oil changes on the 2.0d Ingenuim engine at 8-10k intervals. Don’t leave it for the full 21k - that’s not good for any engine.

Oil is much cheaper than a new engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts