Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 tyres, 19" low profile, 8.5" width (245/40ZR19)

This listing is for a set of 4 tyres. looking for sensible offers around £240

Note that although they're almost identical, there are 2 different brands. We believe these are made by the same company, but I cannot confirm this.

Listing is for: 3 x Joyroad Sport RX6, and 1 x Delinte Thunder D7 tyres.

All tyres are the same size and ratings.

These are new tyres and have only travelled around 40-50 miles from the dealer when the car was collected. The only reason they're available is because I already had a set of nearly new set of Pirelli tyres which I took off the previous car.

I don't know a lot about these tyres regarding performance etc. some people rate them, others prefer the major brands as do I.

Fits most current Jaguar cars and similar vehicles.

Features:
  • 245/40 ZR19 98W XL (Extra Load)
  • Radial tyres
  • Tubeless
  • 750KG Load Rating
  • 160+mph Speed Rating
  • Wheels (rims) not included
  • Joyroad brand rated 4.8 out of 5 by Asda Tyres customers
I will be happy to deliver these within a 50 mile (mainland) radius of Blackpool, Lancashire.

Offers around £240. For retail price I was quoted £86 each by a local tyre dealer, so cost new would be around £350.

Any further information you require, please just ask.

·
Administrator
29,539 Posts
Stick them on eBay because the sort of people who take the trouble to join a forum are unlikely to buy budget Chinese tyres.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had them on ebay at £260 for a couple of weeks to take into account the fees and postage, but it's very quiet everywhere at the moment. I have my own retail website (not suitable to post these on) and it's the quietest spell I've had in years. Ebay is even worse. This is always the quietest time of the year, especially if the weather is good but I think people are spooked by the increase in energy prices, especially with another rise coming in October.

I have seen older threads on here where people have said they always buy the cheapest tyres and wouldn't bother with the big name expensive tyres, but they're not for me.

I think the price is reasonable so I'm reluctant to go too much lower, but I'll see how it goes. No particular rush to sell them TBH, other than the fact I don't really have the space to store them.

I've also got a set of 19" alloys but I'm probably going to get them refurbed before I sell them, if I sell them - haven't decided yet, but if I do I might sell them with the tyres as an option.

At least now I know some people have read it! :LOL:

·
Registered
12,540 Posts
Tyreleader for the Joyroad, and Oponeo (I think) for the other one.

I would be inclined to stick them on eBay as individual tyres, or one pair and two singles. Depends how quickly you want shot of them, but I had someone buy a used cheapo tyre for a fiver on eBay and then make a 150-mile round trip to come and pick it up from the end of my drive.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Tyreleader for the Joyroad, and Oponeo (I think) for the other one.

I would be inclined to stick them on eBay as individual tyres, or one pair and two singles. Depends how quickly you want shot of them, but I had someone buy a used cheapo tyre for a fiver on eBay and then make a 150-mile round trip to come and pick it up from the end of my drive.
Yes that's worth considering if people are willing to collect, especially as transporting them is expensive. Not really in any rush but I've nowhere indoors to put them, so ideally would like them gone before we go away next month.

Update: That Tyreleader price is pretty cheap for the Joyroad tyres. Most the ebay prices seem to match mine more or less for the same size, and one dealer is selling 2 for £160. The main reason I didn't separate them is because shipping is expensive, and they're a pain to prepare for shipping but I'll have look and drop them a bit. Most people want delivery but they're not willing to pay £40 a tyre.

I couldn't find anything matching on Oponeo.

Have to bear in mind that ebay charge an additional 10%, including on the postage costs. You can end up giving stuff away if you're not careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts