Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ahh, didn‘t realise you had children, I agree, even a 3 series would be too small.

Is there a specific reason for avoiding diesel, the BMW diesels return huge mpg
The vast majority of my journeys are short, work is about 6 miles away which I go to 6 days a week so a plug in hybrid would be perfect for my journeys generally, with the option of filling up for further a field.

·
Super Moderator
27,631 Posts
The vast majority of my journeys are short, work is about 6 miles away which I go to 6 days a week so a plug in hybrid would be perfect for my journeys generally, with the option of filling up for further a field.
Join a U.K. BMW forum and ask for owner reviews.

are you in a hurry to change or can you wait for things to improve?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've plenty of time. I always try to anticipate these things well in advance, and usually wait till I find exactly what I want. The SV8 for example was bought and paid for within 30 mins of the dealer putting it online. Fastest sale they'd ever had :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
27,631 Posts
I've plenty of time. I always try to anticipate these things well in advance, and usually wait till I find exactly what I want. The SV8 for example was bought and paid for within 30 mins of the dealer putting it online. Fastest sale they'd ever had :LOL:
The new car process should be enjoyed, take your time 😁

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I had a 2015 3 series xdrive and it was fun to drive, almost impossible to crash. But the 5 series I got as a courtesy car felt like far more premium vehicle with better layout of controls as well. Steering had little driver engagement though.

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
I considered the 530E also but the 4 cylinder put me off. The new 545e seems like a better prospect as it has a 6 cylinder 3.0 petrol coupled with electric motor , realise it’s probably too expensive at the moment but in a couple of years should be well affordable .

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Not really "high" mileage as such... But a milestone none the less.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts