141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Then it will send you into a deep sleep
Not if it's anything like the one I went in yesterday.

Only ever felt acceleration like that on a roller coaster!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Not if it's anything like the one I went in yesterday.

Only ever felt acceleration like that on a roller coaster!

not that fast, the M5 is quicker.

Its more the fact they are a one trick pony, 0 to 60, but only when the battery has more than 85% and at the correct temperature, but a leccy car is terribly boring to drive, yes they are a decent mode of transport from A to B, but if you are a car enthusiast, forget it

Reactions: DAVENN and MyIRRCat

·
Registered
4,156 Posts

Its more the fact they are a one trick pony, 0 to 60, but only when the battery has more than 85% and at the correct temperature, but a leccy car is terribly boring to drive, yes they are a decent mode of transport from A to B, but if you are a car enthusiast, forget it
Faster than 3.2 to 60?

I certainly seemed a whole lot of fun to me.

I know it's not for everyone but we're going to have to get used to it.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Faster than 3.2 to 60?

I certainly seemed a whole lot of fun to me.

I know it's not for everyone but we're going to have to get used to it.

Yes, currently at 2.8 to 60

E3DE037D-6DFE-466C-A0E6-B7299B1586CD.jpeg

Agree we will sadly have to get used to it, driving will no longer be a fun pastime, it will be just a means of transport from A to B

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yes, currently at 2.8 to 60

View attachment 186735

Agree we will sadly have to get used to it, driving will no longer be a fun pastime, it will be just a means of transport from A to B
Jeez! That's quick.

That can't be far behind the Ducati?

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Jeez! That's quick.

That can't be far behind the Ducati?

As a zero to 60, it’s quicker, mainly because you just can’t get the traction on the Ducati without flipping it, but mid range, the Ducati will pull away fairly easily.

The power to weight ratio on the Ducati is around 1100 bhp/ton 😱

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Hope you have shares in Michelin 😂
The tyres are disappearing fast, I kid you not and it’s only covered 1875 miles 😱

9194C805-F7D0-4664-A735-E36F55A44490.jpeg

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
682 Posts

'Not that fast', but still fairly brisk in the scale of things - well up there in its class (M3 etc etc). Not so much in terms of cornering, although it does grip very well in the corners, but pulls out of these with aplomb - even with the battery down to below 15-20% which is when the performance drops off - the 85% was where they were several years ago; software upgrades have improved things since.

In terms of driving experience, it's rather enjoyable - ok, without the theatre and noise of a S/C V8 (thinking about my old XFR), but with brutal efficiency. Also the 'one pedal' driving makes for a very different driving feel.

·
Super Moderator
29,379 Posts
It’s also less than half the price of the Panzer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Anyone suggesting 0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds is "not that fast" is just being silly. I thought my SV8 felt fast at 0-60 in 5ish seconds. 😂

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You soon get used to it :)

Reactions: Ancill

·
Registered
20,485 Posts
So when does the Tesla run out of puff?
My XJ does the 0-60 in a very modest (by comparison) sub 6 seconds. But the thing is, you don't notice the 60 going by because it's still pulling like a train at 120 (I usually bottle it around then). And I'm sure Mr. A's M5 would be doing that all the way to 200.
So, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds is impressive stuff but if it then gives up not long after, it's just a gimmick.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 · (Edited)
Runs out of puff well into license loss speeds.

Skip to 11:20

I’ve driven a lot of very fast cars, and ridden super bikes for over twenty years. The M3P isn’t the fastest outright of course, but it is bloody hilarious to drive on all kinds of roads.

·
Registered
682 Posts
So when does the Tesla run out of puff?
My XJ does the 0-60 in a very modest (by comparison) sub 6 seconds. But the thing is, you don't notice the 60 going by because it's still pulling like a train at 120 (I usually bottle it around then). And I'm sure Mr. A's M5 would be doing that all the way to 200.
So, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds is impressive stuff but if it then gives up not long after, it's just a gimmick.

Assuming you have a 3L Derv, it carries on a little way past 60.

·
Registered
20,485 Posts
Fair enough.
Although that comparison must be quite old as it states the XJ as having a 6- speed box and 275 PS. The XJ has had the ZF 8-speed box since 2013 (I think) and the 3-litre V6 d, 300PS since MY 2016.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Avantime

·
Registered
682 Posts
Fair enough.
Although that comparison must be quite old as it states the XJ as having a 6- speed box and 275 PS. The XJ has had the ZF 8-speed box since 2013 (I think) and the 3-litre V6 d, 300PS since MY 2016.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Strange that - they normally have all versions.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts