Jaguar Forum banner
281 - 300 of 325 Posts
I'm going to wait a week or so before totting up what I like & dislike about it. Everything is very different to what I've become accustomed to & I need some time to get to know it.

Good idea - it's a fair bit to take in. Lots to get used to - one pedal driving, charging and range etc etc. Check the car over and report any issues on the Service tab on the app. There's also lots to set up on the settings; get the best seat position, and select your favoured steering weight. Also a good idea to look up the voice commands.

Any problems, feel free to ask!

Nick, enjoy the car and ignore the nay sayers. I love my Model S and it is hands down a better car in every shape and form than the the four previous XF's i have owned. I would of bought the Model 3 but for me the only draw back was the boot space. I may well end up in a Model Y in two to three years time. Yes, Tesla's may have their issues every now and then but what cars don't, so far I have not had any problems. Enjoy!!
there isn't many nay sayers....just good natured shit.

Good idea - it's a fair bit to take in. Lots to get used to - one pedal driving, charging and range etc etc. Check the car over and report any issues on the Service tab on the app. There's also lots to set up on the settings; get the best seat position, and select your favoured steering weight. Also a good idea to look up the voice commands.

Any problems, feel free to ask!
I drove 120 miles to work & back today without touching the brake pedal ... I doubt there's much demand for replacement Model 3 discs & pads.

Reactions: Avantime and Rigger
I drove 120 miles to work & back today without touching the brake pedal ... I doubt there's much demand for replacement Model 3 discs & pads.
So no change there then ;)

Reactions: Shrek
Discussion starter · #287 ·
Looks strangely familiar that :)

Up to 3000 miles in mine. Cost so far in fuel…. £42, even with some very spirited driving. Still loving it.

Reactions: DAVENN and Gav
Normal service resumed then for you Nick? ;)

Reactions: Shrek
According to that Fully Charged vid, the Polestar has full-on one-pedal capability. The Tesla, not so much.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

According to that Fully Charged vid, the Polestar has full-on one-pedal capability. The Tesla, not so much.
You literally need the brake pedal in a Model 3 about as much as you use your electronic emergency brake in the XJ.

How very dare you! Some might say that an EV has the potential to act a a defibrillator!
On advice from Mr China, I wouldn't try it ;)
Good way to protect your car from theft though!

Discussion starter · #296 ·
That’s complete bobbins. Tesla has full one pedal driving, and Fully Charged actually acknowledge that it has in the YouTube comments and admit that Robert didn’t know the setting existed. They really should have edited the video.

The car has three drive options:
  • Creep - behaves like a traditional auto and creeps along when your foot is off the accelerator. Regen does a lot of braking but you need to use the brakes to come to a complete halt, or if you’re been giving it berries.
  • Roll - ’Freewheels’ along when you take your foot off. Like a manual car being knocked into neutral.
  • Hold - One pedal driving. Taking your foot off will slow under regen, then apply the brakes to come to a stop. Press pedal again to go. Automatically puts on the handbrake when stationary.

Reactions: Gav
Discussion starter · #298 ·
All I can think of, is that Kryten has owned his Model 3 from the early days, and I think Hold was added via a software update later.
So he may very well never have noticed as his car would have been in the default creep from new.

Maybe the Polestar really is more pronounced. As you say, he owns a Model 3 so has the comparison.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 325 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.