Jaguar Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
True ... superbikes were once the realm of scrawny teenagers - now they're the preserve of middle aged operations directors.
Nah, superbikes are not that expensive, most of the ‘old boys’ have moved onto adventure bikes, super bike sales are in decline

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Reactions: Avantime

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Good perspective on EVs and classic cars leading upto 2030. Worth a 1/2 hour watch.

Reactions: Avantime

·
Registered
682 Posts
A good watch! Some interesting points raised - classic cars are safe!

Exeter University did some interesting research into the production costs (environmental) and costs of running an EV. In almost all cases it's an improvement on normal ICE cars, except in Poland and China, I think. It also states the 'break-even point.' Then, mentioned in the video above, people need to think about how long they keep a car for.

There's also a Chris Harris interview with the chap from the National Grid that's well worth half an hour.

I know people don't like being 'told' that ICE cars will be gone in 2030, and they really won't. I think the papers are making headlines and people are turning against the idea of an Electric car as a result. I would suggest more people just have a go in an EV - you may well hate it; but you may love it!!

EVs are not the solution to everything! Despite what the owners may tells you. Our driving / work habits during Covid have had a far greater effect than all the non-ICE cars sold. The reduction of commuter traffic has been huge - my commute to school is so much quieter than 14 moths ago. If the trend of working from home continues, even if it's maybe a couple of days a week, then that can only be a good thing.

Either way, one day I'd like another V8 (for weekends!), but will make do with the Tesla for the time being as my daily car.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
My current problem is that I won't be able to afford an equal EV to my SV8 for at least 10 years based on what I can currently afford and what's available.

I don't have an issue with EVs in general, but I think there's a long way to go before the general public can afford one in a mainstream capacity.

There seems to have been a massive change in how people finance cars these days. So many more people are happy to own a car as some form of subscription service in which they never really own the car, and thus never really stop paying them off. I just can't deal with concept myself, I want to OWN the vehicle, not rent it from a finance company before giving it back after 3/5 years and then start the process over.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts