Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The last XF-S is now gone.

Collected my Tesla this week. To head of the first topic, build quality is perfectly fine. All panels are straight, paint is good, trim all in the right places. None of the usual Tesla complaints at all. It needed a damn good clean, but I prefer to do that than a dealer anyway.

Bad bits. Well it’s a bit noisier than the XF on the motorway. Not by much though, and it’s vastly quieter around town. Steering is quite heavy even on the setting with most assistance, probably due to the big wheels. Doors are a bit plasticky, but I don’t make a habit of fondling them and all the main touch points are high quality.

The rest is all good. Seats are way more comfortable than the XF and just as supportive. It’s also bigger inside than the XF. I’ve got loads of headroom ( in the Jag my hair brushed the roof with the seat at its lowest) and I could sit comfortably behind myself in the back. Software updates are completely painless. It’s done two since Thursday, I guess to catch up from factory settings. You get a notification in the app, okay it, and a few minutes later it’s done. The screen position is weird for about ten seconds then you adapt and it’s no issue.

It’s mind blowingly fast. I used to think my 1000cc bikes were fast, but this feels faster. I think because you don’t need to worry, you just plant your foot and it grips and goes. You don’t notice the weight of the car at all, it handles excellently. Reminds me a lot of a fast Ford Focus to drive, and that’s no bad thing. 0-60 in 3.1 seconds is just laugh out loud silly, and you can deploy it without calling attention to yourself. The acceleration from 50-70 and 70-100 might be similar or even faster. So I’ve heard.

·
Administrator
29,273 Posts
Sounds like fun.

But avoid potholes with those wheels and tyres!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They’re the same size as the XF wheels and tyres.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,491 Posts
Ben, as always no need to leave the fold, look forward to your review after living with the Tesla after a few months.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Not my choice but enjoy.

·
Registered
20,485 Posts
They really are impressive cars. Glad you're enjoying it.

The only thing I find incongruous about the design of all Teslas is the front end. They look like they've been vacuum formed and the hole for a grille hasn't been cut out. If it doesn't need a grille why make it look like it should have one?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Looks stunning.

I've been in @Avantime's standard model 3 and that was very impressive.

The performance model must be amazing.

Stick around and tell us about it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Administrator
27,415 Posts
Good to hear that you’re happy with the build quality & how quickly you adjusted to the touch screen.👍

I’m placing an order tomorrow for the same spec as yours but with the white interior. Delivery in 12 weeks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've had mine for a little over a year now. Like the look of the updated 2021 models. Mine's an SR+ - similar performance to my old SV8. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Just for kicks I went out and drove 200 miles today. Left home with 70% charge which was more than plenty to drive the 95 miles to my first point. I wanted to try out one of Tesla’s fasted 250kwh chargers. Struggled to get a space to charge when I got there after a pleasant motorway cruise where I did bugger all thanks to Autopilot.

Spent 10 minutes here which took the car from 30% up to 75% whilst I took a leak. Then off cross country via the roundabouts of Milton Keynes to Banbury. The car is hilarious in MK nailing it between roundabouts. You basically get teleported from one to the next. It handled really nicely on the country A roads between MK and the M40.

Spent 20 minutes at the new Banbury supercharger and charged from 50% to 90%. I didn’t need to in order to get home, but I’ve got some free charging and I wanted a coffee. Whizzed back home up the M40 on Autopilot again, stopping off in my town centre to get a couple of last minute presents, leaving the car on a free charger in one of the town centre car parks. Again, didn’t need the charge, but who turns down free fuel?

Summary, you can do a spur of the moment long distance trip in a Tesla and bladder anxiety is more of a concern than range anxiety.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I Photoshopped those to wind up some Tesla owners! But there is a company who make such things, complete with "noise".....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not my transport selection at the moment.
That's not to say that one day I won't change my mind and try one out.
Everybody has a choice. Enjoy your car.

·
Administrator
27,415 Posts
So the biggest headache today was deciding which of the 10 superchargers to park at? (y)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the biggest headache today was deciding which of the 10 superchargers to park at? (y)
Nope, the biggest headache was the one way system in Marks & Spencer food hall ;-)

·
Administrator
27,415 Posts
Ordered mine today for delivery early March. Same as yours but with the white interior.
Nope, the biggest headache was the one way system in Marks & Spencer food hall ;-)
Autopilot couldn't cope with that then? :giggle:

·
Administrator
27,415 Posts
10 minutes to charge 45% is reassuring.

Ordered mine today for delivery early March. Same as yours but with the white interior.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
10 minutes to charge 45% is reassuring.

You‘ll love it. There’s actually two more boat loads of cars due in this year, so if there one unallocated on there in your spec you may very well be able to have it before the end of the year. Tesla do everything they can to shift every car they have before quarter end.

White looks great but wouldn’t have survived my kids.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts