·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
That’s the mileage now up to 757, only 443 to go, getting close 😁

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Was Pete not available to offer a 'get the mileage up' service?

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #525 (Edited)
Was Pete not available to offer a 'get the mileage up' service?
Lol, I need a good ride out to see my Mum, she lives in North Wales, when the borders open up, I might take a spin over 😁

·
Administrator
27,285 Posts
Lol, I need a good ride outm my Mum lives in North Wales, when the borders open up, I might take a spin over 😁
What’s the +/- tolerance for that first service? I seem to remember it being something like 100 miles on the M3.

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
What’s the +/- tolerance for that first service? I seem to remember it being something like 100 miles on the M3.
Not sure, there is a time limit of 9 months from registration, but as the dealership is close by, I will get it booked in around the 1200 marker

·
Administrator
27,285 Posts
Not sure, there is a time limit of 9 months from registration, but as the dealership is close by, I will get it booked in around the 1200 marker
It might be worth checking to see if 1200 miles is the upper limit?

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
It might be worth checking to see if 1200 miles is the upper limit?
Nothing about the running In service on the app, will have to call the dealer 🙄

·
Administrator
27,285 Posts
Nothing about the running In service on the app, will have to call the dealer 🙄
With the M3 you had to sign a form to say that you understood that the warranty would be void if you exceeded something like 1250 miles

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
With the M3 you had to sign a form to say that you understood that the warranty would be void if you exceeded something like 1250 miles
Apparently, up to 200 miles over is acceptable.................

·
Registered
835 Posts
Lol, I need a good ride out to see my Mum, she lives in North Wales, when the borders open up, I might take a spin over 😁
You need to get the running in service done before you head over to North Wales! :D Those roads are superb! Where in North Wales does she live? We've got family 5 minutes from Pentrefoelas so I always make a B line for the Denbigh Moors road (A543) which is a great today to have a bit of fun with some power. Unfortunately, they're really hot on speeding over there just now :(

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
You need to get the running in service done before you head over to North Wales! :D Those roads are superb! Where in North Wales does she live? We've got family 5 minutes from Pentrefoelas so I always make a B line for the Denbigh Moors road (A543) which is a great today to have a bit of fun with some power. Unfortunately, they're really hot on speeding over there just now :(
My parents live in Rhos on Sea, I lived in Llandudno for 25 years, those roads in Snowdonia are superb, my old biking routes 🥰

·
Registered
835 Posts
My Aunt and Uncle live on the road by the grey location marker below. I've got cousins in Llangernyw, Nebo and Llanfair Caereinion so getting down there is fabulous in a decent car. I'm still waiting to get the XFR down there thanks to Covid and ill family members... I can't wait until the country opens up again!

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #535
My Aunt and Uncle live on the road by the grey location marker below. I've got cousins in Llangernyw, Nebo and Llanfair Caereinion so getting down there is fabulous in a decent car. I'm still waiting to get the XFR down there thanks to Covid and ill family members... I can't wait until the country opens up again!

View attachment 185829
Great roads, for a bike, or the TVR with the roof down in decent weather, or the M5 when it’s changeable weather 😁

Down to Betws Y Coed, then Capel Curig, through Beddgelert into Porthmadog, down past Harlech, then hook a left up through Bala........what a road 😁

·
Registered
835 Posts
That’s a cracking route.

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Used to drive that route myself in a Supra Turbo, many years ago. Fond memories of that car, it was a very good Grand Tourer, a Japanese XJS. I remember having it on cruise control at, ahem, maximum velocity. Allegedly.

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
Used to drive that route myself in a Supra Turbo, many years ago. Fond memories of that car, it was a very good Grand Tourer, a Japanese XJS. I remember having it on cruise control at, ahem, maximum velocity. Allegedly.
Hooligan 🙄

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Those were the days...............

·
Administrator
27,285 Posts
You could do that in Buttercup without breaking the law!😀

521 - 540 of 556 Posts