Jaguar Forum banner

501 - 520 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I bet that’s epic :D

Would love a passenger ride in that one day!

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Carbon tart........

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
I need to get this sorted over Easter

9D358E92-333D-4E77-BF2E-95CBB788E5E1.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
I was having a play this morning, setting up the two M buttons on the steering wheel, it’s ridiculous what you can configure, it’s almost a track car for the road

6BB935D2-EFCC-4C6E-B557-E221BC753FF2.jpeg

·
Registered
464 Posts
That is some car Dave. Love the exhaust tips.
By the time you have set up the configurations, you'll have a real track car arrangement.
What's it like to drive in normal mode on the streets? Or haven't you tried that setting? 😀😀

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
That is some car Dave. Love the exhaust tips.
By the time you have set up the configurations, you'll have a real track car arrangement.
What's it like to drive in normal mode on the streets? Or haven't you tried that setting? 😀😀
I am absolutely amazed at the road manners of this car on slow moving traffic and town driving, for a car with 625 bhp.

The configurable buttons ensure a fast and seemless change from a docile car to an absolute weapon, looking forward to having the running in service completed :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I am absolutely amazed at the road manners of this car on slow moving traffic and town driving, for a car with 625 bhp.

The configurable buttons ensure a fast and seemless change from a docile car to an absolute weapon, looking forward to having the running in service completed :)
I’d say the town driving refinement is down to the ZF gearbox. My bro in law has an F80 competition and said the DCT isn’t great around town, can be jerky etc at lower speeds

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
I’d say the town driving refinement is down to the ZF gearbox. My bro in law has an F80 competition and said the DCT isn’t great around town, can be jerky etc at lower speeds
Very true, though some of the hardened M Product owners believe that the smooth ZF is a step back from a track focused aggressive DCT

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yep that's what most of the G80 reviews are suggesting, that the new M3/4 has lost a bit of its edge by switching to the ZF.

My brother in law loves the fact that the TC will kick in when shifting gears even at higher speeds.

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
Yep that's what most of the G80 reviews are suggesting, that the new M3/4 has lost a bit of its edge by switching to the ZF.

My brother in law loves the fact that the TC will kick in when shifting gears even at higher speeds.
The M5 Competition just goes to show that the ZF box hasn't slowed it down, many of the car magazine reviews are seeing around the 3.0s to 62, refinement doesn't have to mean slower :)

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The M5 Competition just goes to show that the ZF box hasn't slowed it down, many of the car magazine reviews are seeing around the 3.0s to 62, refinement doesn't have to mean slower :)
Oh yeah course not! Just depends what you're after I guess. He's happy to trade the refinement in as its not his daily.

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
I could never see the merit in harsh gear changes, personally. Just seems to undo decdes of advances, and surely puts unecessary stress on the driveline?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I could never see the merit in harsh gear changes, personally. Just seems to undo decdes of advances, and surely puts unecessary stress on the driveline?
Agree. Not great to is unsettle the car at any speed. He likes the feeling of it ‘slamming’ in to gear, makes you feel more involved - each to their own.

·
Administrator
27,285 Posts
Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
15,608 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #518

·