Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Which menu is this in? I don鈥檛 think I have this.

Registered
If there isn't an extraction tube then, I wouldn't try it by just stuffing a tube down the dipstick hole. You wouldn't know if you're at the bottom of the sump.

Reactions: Gav

Firm Rampant Member
If there isn't an extraction tube then, I wouldn't try it by just stuffing a tube down the dipstick hole. You wouldn't know if you're at the bottom of the sump.
You can take an educated guess...
When the travel has stopped, withdraw and see how far in it went ( ooh).
Then reinsert.
It worked perfectly well with my X260.

Registered

Registered
You can take an educated guess...
When the travel has stopped, withdraw and see how far in it went ( ooh).
Then reinsert.
It worked perfectly well with my X260.
I guess the acid test is see how much you suck out, if its within 100ml of spec then good to go.

Reactions: PeteA

Registered
Battery powered superhero
You can feel the extraction tube hit the bottom of the sump, they're quite stiff, I wouldn't use a soft flexible tube in this instance. My suction pump came with a selection of such tubes, some copper and some stiff plastic.

Firm Rampant Member
You can feel the extraction tube hit the bottom of the sump, they're quite stiff, I wouldn't use a soft flexible tube in this instance. My suction pump came with a selection of such tubes, some copper and some stiff plastic.
It has to have a degree of flex to navigate its way down the dipstick pipe but yes..the tube I used did have some give in it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That's why I said in #30 to unscrew the oil filter housing, then suck the oil out of the sump, followed by changing the now drained filter. Seem to be going round in circles in this thread!
Apologies - my bad. I forgot it had been mentioned before!

Registered
You can feel the tube stop. But is that the lowest point in the sump? Whereas the "proper" extraction tube terminates in a well in the sump.
As has been said though, if you can suck out the volume of what's supposed to go in then it would seem OK.

Registered
You'll find that almost EVERYTHING on our beloved forum has been mentioned before...except the subject of winter tyres
And whether premium fuel is worth the.. well, premium...

Registered
Battery powered superhero
Oh gawd, don't think I can do the tyres and premium fuels subject again again again again again again......

they aren't)
Except for Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 petrol. As that's well worth the extra premium. But not so good in a diesel car.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts