Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

Planned project is to add a subwoofer in trunk to the Jag.

General Task List:
Fiberglass a box for d.s. trunk side panel.
Connect LC2i, in trunk.
Connect amp, in trunk.
Vent rear deck to trunk.
Plug stuff together

Ill be fiberglassing in summer. In the meanwhile I found a solution for venting the rear deck. 2017 XE rear deck grilles look fine in the 2017 XF's recesses ( mine has no oem grilles or cutouts in rear deck) and so Ill cut vent holes in my rear deck matching the XE's cutouts and pop the grills on. Confirmed today upon receiving the assy. that the XE grills fit and look fine.

Electronics are sourced but I dont know where to tap off oem wires. Seen several posters but none were 2017's and so I'm having trouble getting my bearings on where to start in mine.
I looked for an oem sub in the d.s. rear wheel well hoping to trace wires from there to anywhere but didnt see one.
Nothing in spare well either.
Looked for amp under p.s. frnt seat and nothings there. Same for behind d.s. trunk side panel.

Which brings me to a couple questions.
Where is the easiest place to tap signal to feed an LC2i and sub amp.
How can I verify what oem system my car has? Running VIN on topix or whatever site it is didnt work. My frnt door speakers by your hand have a Meridian badge. Got tweeters in dash. Center dash grille (unsure if speakers even in it or functioning if it is). Speakers in door by feet also. Same set up for rear cabin minus the badging. Already said no rear deck speakers earlier.

Any help on the wiring problem would be appreciated.

Attached grille pic for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Both @Gav and I have done this already and written it up for you.
GAV has a 2016 and I've a 2017.

Subwoofer pickup from the wiring in the driver or passenger B pillar and run to the boot.
Power pickup for the line converter from the rear fusebox.

Here's my writeup on it. Sub fitting - X260 Wiring diagram

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well happy new year, much appreciated! I looked and looked and never found either of those, on multiple jag sites.
Any lessons learned on venting the cabin to trunk via rear deck? Resonance issues or other unforseen things?

Not jag related per se but in effort to repay your help I have experience with stateside rental properties, Honda RC 51's and xray smallish stuff. Happy to help out the community however I can.

Regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts