Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Jaguar XF Sport with the 3.0 S/C AWD with approx. 34k miles on it. I have noticed that the rear end of the car is sitting about 3/4inch lower than the front of the car on both sides. Is this a common thing with these cars? What are my options to correct this? I am thinking of ways to raise the rear up or possibly switching out the front springs to lower the front down to match the back. Not sure what would be the better solution.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,620 Posts
I have a 2015 Jaguar XF Sport with the 3.0 S/C AWD with approx. 34k miles on it. I have noticed that the rear end of the car is sitting about 3/4inch lower than the front of the car on both sides. Is this a common thing with these cars? What are my options to correct this? I am thinking of ways to raise the rear up or possibly switching out the front springs to lower the front down to match the back. Not sure what would be the better solution.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you
According to the spec front should be 1/2” higher. However, you have to be on same tyre diameter on all 4 corners, checked tyre pressures, have standard weight(no extra items on the boot), top up all fluids before measuring it. Also, How are you measuring it?

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Good find Hamed!

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
According to the spec front should be 1/2” higher. However, you have to be on same tyre diameter, check tyre pressure, have standard weight, top up all fluids to measure it. Also, How are you measure it?

View attachment 186292
That has to be the most random bit of research ever done on this forum. 10/10 Hamed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow so it seems as if nothing as wrong. I wish i never noticed this because every time I look at the car from the side I cant un-see it lol. Glad to know nothing is wrong though.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It’s very common on beemers, esp the M cars for the front to sit higher than the rear. It’s been the case at least as far back as my mate’s E60 M5.

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,620 Posts
No wonder XFRS front bumper on my XFS is too close to the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts