Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in a bit of a dilemma over whether I get the new XF next year and members on the x250 section have kindly highlighted some of the differences. The main issue seems to be the interior which doesn’t feel special enough. The new update doesn’t have the V6 diesel which I might miss.
I had one of the last traditional XJ’s back in 2009, lovely car it was too but a bit behind the times. Exhaust flexi pipe failures, discs wearing out fast, suspensions arms wearing out etc etc finally spoilt things.
Question is; is the later XJ a good car? Thank you for your help, really don’t want to get another 5 series.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Check the couple of posts about the Euro 6 diesel 3.0 and oil dilution. If looking at a non Euro 6 diesel then that's a different matter.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigKev

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Normally a manufacturer would have new model that you could ‘grow into’. Seems JLR haven’t discovered this concept yet. I’ve driven the XE and X260 XF and they leave me cold. The may handle better, but they don’t ride better. Awful interiors and euro-box styling.

I've had my R-S 4 years now. Longest I’ve had any car. For now it’s a keeper as I love it and there’s nothing out there to replace it. Sad that Jag boost you up into halo models then drop you straightway.

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
707 Posts
If I were thee, I would be searching out a low mileage Euro 5 XJ. I came across mine last summer.....6k on a 14 plate, and would even give you the dealer’s name in Bury, Lancs., as he still seems able to lay his hands on some real niceez. If you settle on an XF you ALREADY have doubts about, things could easily go pear shapeded.

·
Registered
18,473 Posts
I love my 2015 (Euro 5) XJ. Not quite "chalk and cheese" in comparison with my XF-S (X250 prefacelift) but different enough to make it special. No hesitation in recommending the switch.

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
707 Posts
XJR575 is a wonderful car. I’d have one of those for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would more than likely kill myself to death in one of those though, Chris. Those extra horsey things would be far too temptful......considering been spoken to twice in first year of normal XJ fun.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I’m in a bit of a dilemma over whether I get the new XF next year and members on the x250 section have kindly highlighted some of the differences. The main issue seems to be the interior which doesn’t feel special enough. The new update doesn’t have the V6 diesel which I might miss.
I had one of the last traditional XJ’s back in 2009, lovely car it was too but a bit behind the times. Exhaust flexi pipe failures, discs wearing out fast, suspensions arms wearing out etc etc finally spoilt things.
Question is; is the later XJ a good car? Thank you for your help, really don’t want to get another 5 series.
I went from an XJ to an XF yes the interior isn’t as nice but I love the car, Drives superb just As good as the XJ. Why not go for a 2 year old XFS hang on to it for a couple of years and then move to the XJ if not happy. Having said that I will likely move back to an XJ next year simply because I miss the sunroof and a few other bits my XFS doesn’t have .

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Unless I absolutely need the load space I'll probably move to an XJ once my XF is ready to go. Hopefully the new XJ will be out for a while and the prices will drop further as it will most likely be the V8 I go for. Failing that it will probably be Lexus, there's a few GS-F's out there which are tempting, but even Lexus just doesn't seem to have the same prominence about it. I liked the 5 Series I had as a courtesy car, but the steering was completely artificial and there was little driver engagement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts