Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22,319 Posts
If you're unsure about what's in there I'd suggest doing a full oil change. That way you'll know for sure what and how much has gone in.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
That's the one I use. But perhaps don't rely on the volume graduations on the side of the tank.
No, they're wrong! I filled mine with dyed water and stuck labels on the side to mark the 1/2 litres.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So it's been confirmed..........I'm a complete tit 🙄
I moved my car onto a more level surface today after coming home from work,let it sit for 10 minutes and then checked the oil.
Level is ok according to the display, looking at where I checked it before it was on a slight decline (very slight) so I'm guessing even the slightest decline/incline will give a false reading.
Will check it again in a few days to confirm but so far so good 👍

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ok as in back at “full” or just not telling you to add 0.5l?

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
So it's been confirmed..........I'm a complete tit 🙄
I moved my car onto a more level surface today after coming home from work,let it sit for 10 minutes and then checked the oil.
Level is ok according to the display, looking at where I checked it before it was on a slight decline (very slight) so I'm guessing even the slightest decline/incline will give a false reading.
Will check it again in a few days to confirm but so far so good 👍
Well done xfr-shrek, you are (without any doubt whatsoever), the very first member of this forum to have ever suffered that...

NOT!!! Welcome to the club!!.. :D

Reactions: JayF and xfr-shrek

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well done xfr-shrek, you are (without any doubt whatsoever), the very first member of this forum to have ever suffered that...

NOT!!! Welcome to the club!!.. :D
i will be cured in 3 months when my driveway gets block-paved and is actually level :)

·
Registered
9,292 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
That's an expensive cure for the stupidity of an electronic oil level indicator!

Reactions: xfr-shrek
21 - 32 of 32 Posts