Jaguar Forum banner
1361 - 1379 of 1379 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,361 ·
To be fair it usually suffices, I will pop onto the laptop when I get home from work... I did used to have the list saved in my phone but then saw no need to retain the lists and deleted them. I bought the charger repair kit which is effectively the snout of the charger and the vacuum hoses for the charger with new hardware. Worthwhile in my opinion as the charger vacuum hoses do perish away at quite some rate. Also means new pulley on the front you don't have to mess around with too much.

Jaguar Coolant is expensive but is one of the fee I found that has a 10 year life cycle so yours is probably slightly overdue a change. It is green and orange, very strange but quite pretty and very bright, but that is just random info and not anything important 🤣

There are some plastic clips that you should get but I never did as I didn't realise they didn't come with the pipe but I don't have the part number. They basically raise the pipe up that sits between the charger and the engine.

This link will help you during your ownership with part numbers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
To be fair it usually suffices, I will pop onto the laptop when I get home from work... I did used to have the list saved in my phone but then saw no need to retain the lists and deleted them. I bought the charger repair kit which is effectively the snout of the charger and the vacuum hoses for the charger with new hardware. Worthwhile in my opinion as the charger vacuum hoses do perish away at quite some rate. Also means new pulley on the front you don't have to mess around with too much.

Jaguar Coolant is expensive but is one of the fee I found that has a 10 year life cycle so yours is probably slightly overdue a change. It is green and orange, very strange but quite pretty and very bright, but that is just random info and not anything important 🤣

There are some plastic clips that you should get but I never did as I didn't realise they didn't come with the pipe but I don't have the part number. They basically raise the pipe up that sits between the charger and the engine.

This link will help you during your ownership with part numbers:

Thanks man, very helpful. I struggled to find something like that for the jags. Was much easier with BMW's and Mustangs.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,363 ·
I don't have the part number for the supercharger snout kit but here is the remaining ones:

Waterpump - AJ813909
drive belt- T2R10142
Expansion tank - C2Z29118
Charger belt- C2D39175
Thermostat pipe - C2Z19929
Hose - C2Z23749G
Hose - C2Z14540G
PCV service kit (×2) LR133579 OR C2D60163
Crankcase breather- AJ812235
Vacuum hose - AJ812350
Vacuum hose - AJ813949
Crossover pipe - C2Z4553
Breather Hose- C2Z29906
Charger tensioner - AJ813574
Heater Feed pipe - AJ814007
Belt tensioner- C2D45642
Charger gasket - AJ811948
Charger gasket- AJ811576
Charger gasket - AJ811590
Coolant - JLM209723
Thermostat pipe revised - LR049990
Secondary stat revised pipe - C2Z26930
Charger idler pulley - C2D21157
Valley pipe - AJ813614
Throttle body gasket- C2Z82655
Pipe o ring (×2) - C2Z28262
Hose clamp (×2) - C2P14813

That's everything that I bought, like I say the only additional I woukd get are the plastic clips for the Valley pipe but not sure what the part number is

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,364 ·
So after going back through more of this thread than I dare to admit I found my recollection was correct! It was circuit B previously... I have ordered a replacement genuine sensor. I will still smoke test the car because there's a lot of plastic and a lot of joining points in the air intake system...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Never seen a smoke test done nor do I know how. Looking forward to being educated!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
£483. Wonder what the quality of the Chinese copies are like, to had from Ebay for around £130?

Product Scientific instrument Tool Font Machine

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,369 ·
£483. Wonder what the quality of the Chinese copies are like, to had from Ebay for around £130?

View attachment 188960
Bought a NOS, they have had may revisions and in my mind it didn't matter as it would last another decade. Mine was a LR part number from memory, will see if I can find it, was under £200

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The earlier part number is listed as C2D38554, now superseded with C2D58056, retail at £483 inc vat.

Seems there's another part number for late vehicles: C2D52713 at £335

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,371 ·
This arrived today:

Also won a refurbished toughbook today so that will be on its way shortly, will get my ISTA D & ISTA P installed on it, will also look into getting SDD for the Jag again as I have the cable. VAGCOM would be a nice addition as well, although currently not useful in my own fleet.

Hoping to find a nice sound air system on the Jag with this tester

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,372 ·
Juddering is still there and the sensor still hasn't arrived unfortunately...

Gradually getting worse, but driveable, I don't drive far or frequent and it should be here early next week.

Got an engine light now:

All codes are varying status of air flow:

But did get a parcel:

Downloaded ISTA D onto it, but the charger I got was not right so haven't had time to install it or extract ISTA P yet...

It is refurbished but wasn't cleaned of workshop dust in crevices so did that!

The release for the swivel was a tad annoying but this didn't help:

Works a lot better now...

Will get SDD over onto it, hopefully with more success than previous attempts. I did buy the software but have never been able to get it operational, I still have the USB memory sticks with the software. Will probably seek help at a later date!

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
The condition of that is awful and almost insulting that they say please don't leave us negative feedback.

Hope you get the engine fault sorted easily.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts

View attachment 188960
Not heard great thinks from two firms that work on our engines all the time. Apparently, the have mixed metals of inferior quality to original. This causes issues when car gets very warm, I don't know exactly what but the techs opinion on them was not an uncertain one.

Having experience of the chargers myself on a high mileage (84k) XFR, I would never entertain not sending off the charger for a full rebuild. The whole story is very rarely just the coupler.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,375 ·
Not heard great thinks from two firms that work on our engines all the time. Apparently, the have mixed metals of inferior quality to original. This causes issues when car gets very warm, I don't know exactly what but the techs opinion on them was not an uncertain one.

Having experience of the chargers myself on a high mileage (84k) XFR, I would never entertain not sending off the charger for a full rebuild. The whole story is very rarely just the coupler.
I would be inclined to agree, do those that work on your engine re-coat the rotors etc? As Powerhouse said they can do the full rebuild for around £800 but may be more and suggested finding a low mileage replacement. I doubt many would be able to use the route I did of a NOS charger unit

Makes no difference to me now as I've done it but always nice to know in case I have a different motor in the future

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
I would be inclined to agree, do those that work on your engine re-coat the rotors etc? As Powerhouse said they can do the full rebuild for around £800 but may be more and suggested finding a low mileage replacement. I doubt many would be able to use the route I did of a NOS charger unit

Makes no difference to me now as I've done it but always nice to know in case I have a different motor in the future
It was Viezu who did the work but outsourced the charger rebuild to Powerhouse. Apparently, they recoat the blades and replace pretty much everything else. I would not use Viezu again personally but Powerhouse are the go to people it would seem.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,377 ·
My sensor never arrived so a 45 mile round trip in another car to collect one, fitted, cleared codes and is running fine now and driving better even when you remove the juddering aspect.

Didnt take any pictures as was rushing, I am about to leave for the North for the weekend...

Have some update pictures for the 320d to upload at some point too

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,378 ·
My sensor never arrived so a 45 mile round trip in another car to collect one, fitted, cleared codes and is running fine now and driving better even when you remove the juddering aspect.

Didnt take any pictures as was rushing, I am about to leave for the North for the weekend...

Have some update pictures for the 320d to upload at some point too

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,379 ·
Over 500 miles completed and drives well, think the juddering has caused the gearbox mount to wear... Already have one in the garage along with pair of engine mounts, so if required I have them ready.

Successful weekend

1361 - 1379 of 1379 Posts