Jaguar Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 1335 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,281 ·
Can you set up CCTV or webcam to monitor activity around your car?? My car was badly damaged in my office car park in Cambridge. Never found the culprit and it cost a lot to fix (excess and increased premium). First door, rear door, rear wing and rear wheel. £1,500, [email protected] :(

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
No place to mount the CCTV really as half the time it's obscured where it would have been if it were hit at home. With the time I go to work I don't see anything in the dark as I don't use the passenger side often, was only by chance I used it that day

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,282 ·
Was hoping to spend the weekend on the Jag but alas it wasn't to be...

Got a couple of parts the other day:

These are the gaskets for the induction manifold as I was hoping this weekend was going to be spent doing the entire Coolant system supercharger and air con work. Still working on the plan for all of it to be done as it is both time and labour intensive...

·
Administrator
29,414 Posts
I was getting very worried about you Jordan - no update for days!

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,903 Posts
I fixed my AC last weekend. I used a low temp melt rod and a blowtorch to weld the leakage point and any other corroded area. It was way easier than I thought and it has held the pressure for a week now. There is foam that holds road salt touching the pipe and cause pin hole corrosion. I used etch acid to protect it in future.

·
Administrator
29,414 Posts
Work keeping you very busy Jordan?

·
Super Moderator
29,738 Posts
That’s a different design to mine I think. I wonder if they changed it since mine was made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,289 ·
Work keeping you very busy Jordan?
Exceptionally! Been working on another car recently too, plus the Jag tasks left are mainly heavily involved so require more planning and time to execute

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,290 ·
So here is the latest update in the thread, bear with it as it will be in multiple sections again due to the image limit per post and I update my Detailing World thread first as there is not a limit and then copy it across...

So I've been exceptionally busy at work, obviously the E90 came into the picture too...

I do finally have an update for the Jag and it is fairly sizeable so bear with me as I try to remember all of the details and construct a coherent post.

Decided it was time to get a big chunk of work completed, the supercharger related work, so I went up to the garage armed with a multitude of parts:

Started stripping the front down, now this was mainly for the air condenser (thought may as well do that at the same time):

The rusty braces behind the bumper were removed, rubbed down and painted:

Off with the first rad:

Hello leaky condenser:

Lovely bit of galvanic corrosion made this nearly impossible to remove:

Went with a grinder to cut the bracket:

This was done at the side away from the join, it also made it possible to remove the connection!

Condenser off, exposing the 3rd radiator:

Corrosion on the bolts:

That was cleaned off for reinstallation...

Checked the play in the charger:

XFR Supercharger Play
Then started removing Coolant hoses:

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,291 ·
Part 2
Induction manifold has to come off:

Then played with the charger:

The vacuum hose going to the intake pipe:

Was perished:

Charger was all the way off:

Carbon on the valves:

Gave them a reasonable cleaning:

Replaced Thermostat piping, for the first time (more on that later):

Accessing the back Coolant parts is fun:

Charger started to lift away:

Obviously made sure it was protected:

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,292 ·
Part 3

Finally free:

The dowels are a tad rusty:

Big smile:

On a bench:

Split the pieces for ease of movement:

Charger on the bench:

Snout undone:

New snout:

Old separated:

Old vs new:

Oil plug:

Old oil removed, noticed the colour and volume:

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,293 ·
Part 4:

New oil:

Application for new oil:

Snout mounted:

This mess removed:

This pipe wasn't replaced but will be (more on that again later):

The vacuum lines come in the new snout kit:

More work at the back of the charger:

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,294 ·
Part 5 (Final part of this update)

Carried on replacing Coolant system parts:

As there was so much going on some pictures were not taken, Thermostat, water pump and some pipes being replaced, the air condenser going back with new o rings lubricated with pag oil etc.

Got the front back on:

Replacing the os bumper bracket to see if it solved the bumper fitment issue, bolt snapped:

Drilled:

New fitting:

Bracket replaced:

Bumper fitted nicely:

Supercharger idler pulley was defective, that was replaced amongst other items today:

Charger went back on:

Got connected up:

Then it got started:

XFR Start Up Post Charger Work

One small problem, Coolant spraying out of the waterpump! The little plastic push fitting had failed, didn't have that part...

Found put the part is NLA and has been superseded, fantastic, but superseded in a way that requires you to purchase another superseded part for the Thermostat pipe as they're not interchangeable! There is a diverted on the pipe but it is blank off?

Failed pipe removed:

Broken piece fished out:

Old stat pipe:

New one:

Part number for the small hose:

Now we checked the car everything was okay, driving home and there was banging galore, panic set in so I pulled over into a small car park. Checked underneath, problem found straight away.

We managed to do all of this involved work without real issue, but we failed to put the undertray back on correctly! Left it under the lip at the front rather than above so it was flapping away manically! Easy fix!

The car drives much nicer now, gear changes are better too, I assume the failed vacuum line from the intake was causing the code I had previously for MAF and was causing a slightly less than normal performance.

This is the Coolant behaviour when bleeding:

Now when it was all sorted there was still a clatter noise, disconnected the charger and noise went, looks like the bearings in the charger have failed. So it will be coming off again to have those done and also will replace the Coolant pipe I didn't get the first time around. Should be a much much quicker job this time around.

Once that is done, I can fit the exhaust and then contact Viezu about joining their 600 club...

·
19,872 Posts
Nice work Jordan, got write up with the pics too.

I'm sure you'll get there sooner rather than later.

Thumbs up here!

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Blimey Jordan, that looks like it was some endeavour, how long did it take do you recon?

Top job though.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,297 ·
Blimey Jordan, that looks like it was some endeavour, how long did it take do you recon?

Top job though.
Took about 16 hours including going back to replace the waterpump pipe, reckon you could knock that down to 10 or so to honest...

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,903 Posts
Nice job again!
Do you have a track of how much you have spent on parts so far?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Greatwork, I would have been tempted to send the charger off for the rotor and gears to be refurbished. That said you can always pull the charger again if you need to.

1281 - 1300 of 1335 Posts