Jaguar Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1267 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yes, I've heard of this being done very successfully. Down side is if the pulley/shaft aren't the correct temperatures, the pulley won't fully seat on the shaft and it's then in the wrong position. The Pulley removal tool is not going to fit the smaller pulley so what do you do? I have the Aztech removal tool and I'm pretty sure it'll not fit the smaller pulley as I've yet to buy one.

Reactions: MattS

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,242
I'll use the torch at the garage if my torch doesn't get hot enough, as for it getting stuck I'm sure I could get a tool engineered creatively from the industrial engineer guy that goes up there... he loves a challenge!

I have the advantage of it not being on the car of course

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,244
My BEHR/Hella condenser arrived, the price Darren has quoted to fit and gas etc means I won't be installing the unit myself because it's simply not worth my time :lol:

Just working out timings to get the work done, and hopefully have lovely cool aircon for summer!

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,245
Car was super dirty, finally got around to sorting it out this afternoon! So it started like this:

Standard foam to start things off:

Then clayed and polished, then onto LSP:

Happy again with the look:

Cleaned the glass, dressed the tyres and then polished the sxahsut tips:

I've E-Mailed Spires enquiring about the Stage 1 Exhaust, changing the tips to slash cut (I prefer the look) changing the clamps on the system and if I can ceramic coat the x pipe whilst I am there...

Will see what they come back with, hopefully have that arranged and sorted.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Car is looking absolutely great now Jordan, proper job!.. but your idea of "super dirty" amuses me no end!!.. :D

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,247
Car is looking absolutely great now Jordan, proper job!.. but your idea of "super dirty" amuses me no end!!.. :D
It was! I don't count super muddy stuff as I don't go down dirt roads... can't wait to get the brace behind the bumper painted, let's the front end down to quite some degree!

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
A credit to you Jordan! Nothing shines like black.

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,249
Went out to the car earlier, looking pretty in the sunshine:

The brake warning light has worn me much more than the brakes have worn... so off with the OSR caliper again!

Then I wire brushed the slot that the sensor goes into, cleaned it with brake cleaner and used a cotton swab to place the thinnest of smears of Brembo B Quiet in the groove, and got the sensor to seat!

I used a flat bladed screwdriver to aid the last little bit in seating the clip all of the way home, seems to have worked a treat!

Sensor in the caliper:

I then removed the plug from its housing on the car and had to pull the little plastic protector out from the old sensor, I also used this opportunity to grab the plug from both ends and ensure a super snug fitment.

Here is the little plastic piece, and the cotton swab with the brake paste on:

The silicone grease was used after I cleaned the brake pins (no signs of any issues whatsoever) and lubricated them again before refitting.

Then I cleared the code for the warning light that sits in the Instrument Cluster module, put the car through 2 ignition cycles and it didn't return, I then drove 5 miles, turned off and drove 5 miles back and still no light so I am hoping that the issue is now resolved.

Had it have been a 4 day weekend for me I may have done a bigger job on the car, but alas it wasn't to be.

·
Administrator
28,949 Posts
Well, if you just got rid of that annoying brake pad warning, that's a job well done.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,251
Pleased to say that the brake warning light hasn't returned so I would think that its sorted now, hopefully!

I have been looking at mini polishers for a couple of years like the Rupes Ibrid nano, the IO details nano polisher etc. As I wanted a very small polisher for trims and super tight areas. However I could never justify it to myself to spend the money on them, despite them being wondrous tools the impact they'd have on my car would be relatively small against cost etc.

I find there are rotary extension kits, and bit the bullet on one:

Hoping to use it on the aluminium trim and get rid of the weathering that's present on it, will really help with the cars overall finish

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
The 'aluminium' trim weathering is really easily sorted with a little bit of the like of Solvol Autosol manually.. so, the way you do things Jordan, I expect you'll be dazzling the technical instruments working hard on Mars currently.. or at least once the reflections get there obvs... :D

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,253
We shall see, if there's chemical etch involved from its life before my ownership then it would require more bite which I can apply with some of the polishes I have available. It should also allow for me to do behind the door handles mechanically too

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks like the same guy that I got my DI vessel from on eBay! Really good seller and excellent price, I actually collected mine as he's just up the road from me

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,256
Ordered the stage 1 Spires exhaust, will be here next week...

I enquired about the slash cut tips as I prefer the look and originally was going to order them, until I discovered they're £310+VAT :doublesho

I mean I'm all for spending money to improve the look, but thats too steep for me for what it is!

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
Ordered the stage 1 Spires exhaust, will be here next week...

I enquired about the slash cut tips as I prefer the look and originally was going to order them, until I discovered they're £310+VAT :doublesho

I mean I'm all for spending money to improve the look, but thats too steep for me for what it is!
You mean Stage 2. Stage 1 is the centre section and X-pipe. But you're right, they charge far too much for those different tips. I didn't think you had to pay if ordered from new though?!

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
No I mean stage 1, already have the stage 2 on the car so when fitted it will be their stage 3 setup and I bought mine second hand so didn't have that option, they did ask to be fair but I'm not into falsification and have no transaction proof anyway

·
Super Moderator
28,976 Posts
No I mean stage 1, already have the stage 2 on the car so when fitted it will be their stage 3 setup and I bought mine second hand so didn't have that option, they did ask to be fair but I'm not into falsification and have no transaction proof anyway
Ah I assumed you were talking about the silencers as you talked about the tips. Yeah buying them after the fact is expensive from Spires. I need to replace mine as the chrome is pitted and corroded.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,260
Ah I assumed you were talking about the silencers as you talked about the tips. Yeah buying them after the fact is expensive from Spires. I need to replace mine as the chrome is pitted and corroded.
Sorry, I have a habit of assuming people are aware because I've discussed this at length with various people outside of the forum I forget that people won't be fully aware of the situation when I post 🤣

I was happy to pay a form of tax so they would be up to the 150 mark, but nearly 400 is crazy when you think the likes of MIJ will likely do the back boxes for that money.

I may look for a local exhaust company and get some fitted that way to be honest.

1241 - 1260 of 1267 Posts