Jaguar Forum banner
1,121 - 1,140 of 1,519 Posts
Discussion starter · #1,121 ·
Had a new one today:

From memory this is a different tyre than the one that made an appearance in summer...

The drivers side mirror had frozen in place too, this is one sensitive thing :lol:

Hopefully the weather is okay tomorrow, will give it a quick clean then going to lubricate the upper window seals so they stop sticking shut, try and get some lubricant in the mirrors to prevent moisture setting it.

I have ordered a new clock spring that I can collect next week from the dealer and then next weekend can hopefully get the sensor and clock spring sorted.

Perhaps a battery will be done too, although it shows no signs of a starting issue currently...

Discussion starter · #1,122 ·
In the warmth of my house I finally sorted this out:

Doesn't fit a classic that has ipod connection in use...

Out came the rotary tool

Et voila:

Fits nicely:

After 45 miles of driving the only light left was airbag:

The 45 miles was picking up the cassette cancellation module, or clock spring for the normal people...

However when I left work the brake pad warning came on for the first time in a few days and the tyre light came back on.

Going to pop to halfords in the morning and get the battery tested, they have the Yuasa testers and I know they have them because I was one of the first halfords employees to receive training on them when they came in to replace the Bosch ones :lol:

The sensors for brakes will still be checked and the cassette will be changed, potentially the battery too depending on the result.

...Think this cold weather seems to drop the tyre pressure, as I had one come on that never has before.
That would be right John, tyre manufacturers always recommend checking pressures with the tyres 'cold'.. it's hard to find much written on what the difference would likely be but Michelin (I think) and one other website suggested 5PSI difference between 'hot' and 'cold' when I did some searching online, I can't remember the recommended temp range for testing pressures though.

A couple of summers ago after a 65 mile drive home in hot sunny weather I measured the tyre pressures, next morning I drove one mile to my first customers and parked the car up in the shade for an hour and a half in an ambient temp of about 17-18C, I then checked the pressures again and they were all 4.5PSI lower than the previous evening. I did also measure the tyre temperatures to see the difference but no longer can find that info..

So with temps lower than normal I'd expect the tyre pressures to drop a bit, how much though I don't know... (y)

Discussion starter · #1,125 ·
Will give it a look, I suppose the distance travelled would generate sufficient heat in the tyre to hit the necessary pressure whereas the normal distance I drive likely wouldn't...

Be interesting in seeing the difference between the tyre pressures at different points of driving

Discussion starter · #1,126 ·
The fault code saga continues...

Decided to just swap the battery:

New genuine clock spring to try and address the airbag light:

Getting it changed:

The cold air when the car was running:

Went and got the tyres filled with nitrogen for the massive sum of £6... prefer the nitrogen fill as my experience is that PSI remains stable for very long periods of time!

Airbag light didn't go away and now have this:

Potential culprits:

The only light that remains now is the airbag and the pedestrian system check, I am aware that a cumulative log of minor impacts can cause the module to belive there as been an impact and it requires resetting. However I have had anything of this nature in my tenure so am inclined to think the sensors are at fault. You can change them without removing the bumper by removing the headlights, that would be a fairly simple task in theory

Good luck with changing them easily and the result Jordan.

Reactions: JordanRaven
I think John had a problem with the wiring harness mate, so if you‘re lucky it might just be that

Reactions: JordanRaven
I forgot to reconnect the loom in my front bumper and got that fault.

Re the pedestrian impact sensors (accelerometers). I had a recurring error on my XF (2010). Turned out to be water ingress to the connector. The sensors themselves are mounted "nose" down with the wiring connectors at the top. The seal around the wires as they enter the connector had perished on one of them and water had corroded the pins in the sensor.
A replacement sensor and a dab of rubberised sealant around the connector cured it.
(I may still have a spare sensor as I think I had to buy 2)

Re the pedestrian impact sensors (accelerometers). I had a recurring error on my XF (2010). Turned out to be water ingress to the connector. The sensors themselves are mounted "nose" down with the wiring connectors at the top. The seal around the wires as they enter the connector had perished on one of them and water had corroded the pins in the sensor.
A replacement sensor and a dab of rubberised sealant around the connector cured it.
That’s it though it was you

Discussion starter · #1,136 ·
Thanks John, will be a relatively easy inspection, will have a look over the weekend as I'm not using my car currently as running errands for other cars in the household

Discussion starter · #1,137 ·
So I checked the CJB today as the face-lift suffers a water ingress problem but I saw reference to a single case of a classic XFR suffering the same fate.

No signs of ingress, as I expected but still a good result nonetheless. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the JLR software I have but I cannot get it to stay working so went out with my carsoft reader.

Cleared all faults and then went back through, the b0001 and b0002 faults remained, but also found b1200 in the ICS module which states check frontal damage. I also found a TSB - JTB00091 which relates to logged instances reaching a point where the fault displays and the module needs reprogramming. I have called my local dealer and am awaiting a call back for that to be actioned, if this is not the fault then the sensors are the likely candidate. I would have thought that the SRS and the ICS are linked and this is perhaps why the airbag light is present as has been the case in other examples.

The brake fault light has also started to return infrequently, seems when the ground is wet is when it occurs so I have tried to book with the garage for this to be done. I already have to refit some wishbones to my mums car in the snow, once they are ready to collect today, don't fancy doing the sensors too.

Will see how it goes I suppose...

I also tried to reset the BMS with the carsoft but there was a communication error that prevented me from doing so!

Discussion starter · #1,138 ·
From researching my previously mentioned air con issues, it seems my DPS valve has failed, fairly common fault and enough to have a TSB for it.

Collected the part today:

This what it looks like:

PAG oil required for the 3 seals, didn't realise just how expensive that is... £55 for 250ml, the garage I use have an air con machine and the grade of their oils is being checked. 0.8 hour book time and £50 an hour labour means I won't be doing the work... cheaper to have it done than to buy the oil! No brainer for me.

Hoping to get it done this week too, again waiting for them to get back to me

1,121 - 1,140 of 1,519 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.