3,640 Posts
Nice one Jordan, posts #1 + #1000 on your own thread :D

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,002
Nothing like coincidental milestones!

This thread gets a log of input when compared to my DW one, despite that have 8 times the views 😂

I like the interaction, shame thr milestone wasn't something significant for the car but hey ho!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is yours not a later car with the 8mm revised chain? Either way good news!
Mine was made right at the end of year before the facelift so not sure what the chain is. I would be surprised if it had not been replaced already as it had a tier 1 warranty most its life.

Shame no one dealt with the corrosion underneath. Its a shocker, mostly visible but definitely my next job.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,004
I'm not sure either, probably a vin tracker for the changeover somewhere...

Yeah it has been on my list for a while, have the stuff to do it, just need to find the time to have it up for long enough with good enough weather etc.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I'm not sure either, probably a vin tracker for the changeover somewhere...

Yeah it has been on my list for a while, have the stuff to do it, just need to find the time to have it up for long enough with good enough weather etc.
I've done a lot of research on this (upgraded timing chains, tensioners etc on the AJ133) and there is zero info based on VIN, it's a JLR secret. It's possible they don't even know themselves!
The best I can can figure out there was an upgrade some time in 2012, another in 2016 and yet another in 2018.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Interesting, sounds like an old XFR like mine potentially could have upto four versions. Albeit the 2018 revision is very unlikely.

When I purchased my service bits a few weeks ago I was presented with two SC belt options. I found out the newer belt is for the revised tensioner assembly I understand it to be very slightly longer.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,007
So the first (and most significant) parts for the charger work arrived today:

Now just to buy almost the entire coolant system!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Are you planning on removing the S/C to access the plethora of plastic pipes underneath it with a view to replacing them?

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,009
I'm planning on removing the charger to replace those parts i have bought primarily, but whilst I am in there I do want to change all of that hard to access plastic!

I've listed every coolant hose from the epc and the expansion tank in my list to acquire along with the drive belt, charger belt, thermostat and waterpump.

I'm hoping that is everything I need, but I'm going to see if the vacuum pipes run that way, well see if I can see it on the EPC anyway!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Interesting! I may be asking for a list of part numbers then! I'm considering preventative maintenance myself.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,011
I have all of the numbers for the above, pretty sure I have it for the entire vacuum and breather system now too...

The parts may have been superceded, but thats easy enough to see when you go to order anyway, im going to speak to my dealer and see if they'll do me a deal as I'm likely to be getting a four figure part bill... unlikely but certainly worth asking the question

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was lucky the previous owner had replaced most of the coolant hoses and header tank two years ago. Despite this the indy still recommended a couple of hoses be replaced and a sensor.

Definitely worth what replacing what you can Jordan. Good to see the big bits arrive, you know they will be taunting you to do the job now.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,013
Do you happen to know which hoses and sensor by chance?

I mean technically I can replace everything, but thats lunacy 😂 (being facetious is a pastime)...

I have the willpower to ignore such things, just look at how long it took to refurbish the calipers :oops:

Talking of which can probably seal them tomorrow

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,017

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,018
Cracked out the decent gloves for a first time in a long time, forgot how much better these are than the others I've been using that I got on clearance...

And this was why I got them out:

Applicators have long since been used, so a trick straight from KDS videos:

These even came out:

All coated:

Then out came the boot light:

Much brighter, practical:

Decided to go with the mirror removal to work out the lower cover:

Remember this little one as the end as the chrome piece is attached to the mirror base:

And off it came once the plug was released:

Whilst the door card was off, thought I'd do the standard xf front door repair:

Started looking at the mirror, took the glass off:

Went to take it apart fully:

Then noticed this:

The little nipple was out! I assume this is the air sensor, lined it back up:

That was all lined back up! The puddle light won't click into place, it looks like the area it clips into is broken so it won't fully seat...

Just going to hold it in with a bit of RTV or something.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The puddle light clips always seem to break, the plastic must become very brittle, on both occasions I have replaced the bulbs in mine I just bought new lenses. Phil

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,020
Yes they do indeed. I bought new lenses after having an issue on the OS, the new lens won't clip in on the NS, the mounting area seems to be the part that has suffered somehow

1001 - 1020 of 1040 Posts