Swapped with the mirror with the door function:

Boot strip out:

Found this plug, i presume for tow bar wiring:

Started the TV retrofit, cable:

Plugged in:

Removed the sound deadening to to fit the unit:

Unit in place:

And one more:

Went to plug in antennas but I dont have the correct screen, will look at antenna options...

I looked at doing the rear arms but more involved than I thought, and as I plan to refurb the shocks will do it as part od that, larger project. Can sort some surface rust and paint subframe and whatnot as part of that job...

Tried doing the intake clean, but it didn't seem to want to go through in any of the places I put the hose, never mind

·
Registered
245 Posts
Removed the mirror shroud to remove the mirror:

Swapped with the mirror with the door function:

Boot strip out:

Found this plug, i presume for tow bar wiring:

Started the TV retrofit, cable:

Plugged in:

Removed the sound deadening to to fit the unit:

Unit in place:

And one more:

Went to plug in antennas but I dont have the correct screen, will look at antenna options...

I looked at doing the rear arms but more involved than I thought, and as I plan to refurb the shocks will do it as part od that, larger project. Can sort some surface rust and paint subframe and whatnot as part of that job...

Tried doing the intake clean, but it didn't seem to want to go through in any of the places I put the hose, never mind
im sure my tv antenna is built in to the rear window

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #723
I have the same screen markings but the antenna isn't on the right hand side also and thats where one of the antenna boxes belongs

·
Registered
245 Posts
got to admit I have no idea on things like this
But what I can say is that its a total waste of time having it fitted as you need to have the engine running why you watch it and being a v8 works out more expensive than a BBC licence due to the fuel usage :eek:

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
The antenna on the rear screen is the FM aerial

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
On my old XFR you didn't need to have the engine running for the TV to work but you did need the ignition turned on.
That said for me it was a fairly useless gimmick and I think I used it two maybe three times in total.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Interesting that you found a connector for towing electrics Jordan. The XFR can't have a tow bar fitted as it's not type approved for them, much to my disappointment.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
Perhaps it isnt wiring for it, was just an assumption...

Although I'm sure i saw someone towing with an XFR on Facebook the other day, saying that was probably a diesel with a bumper and bonnet vents

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Interesting that you found a connector for towing electrics Jordan. The XFR can't have a tow bar fitted as it's not type approved for them, much to my disappointment.
I’d doubt there be a different loom for an R compared to another model.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Although I'm sure i saw someone towing with an XFR on Facebook the other day, saying that was probably a diesel with a bumper and bonnet vents
The lack of towing certification is probably more of a style thing rather than it can’t. 🤣🤣

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
On my old XFR you didn't need to have the engine running for the TV to work but you did need the ignition turned on.
That said for me it was a fairly useless gimmick and I think I used it two maybe three times in total.
Might be a country thing. Mine works with the ignition off. Just need to press the power button for the ICE.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #735
Went to aid my friend with some jobs on a newly acquired 645, whilst I was there I finally got around to finishing the flatting of the bumper corners that weren't done at bodyshop as they were not on the car...

This is an example of the peel:

Got it pretty flat:

Then started correcting it:

Did it too well, now I will have to go over the work that was done before :lol:

Wings could also do with a bit of flatting and the door i haven't done yet, would basically mean the whole car has been wet flat with exception to roof. That being said there's still a bit of peel present, especially on edges as I'm not bold enough to go for those...

I have to say thr Carpro Clearcut makes exceptionally light work of sanding marks, I will need to get some more paper if I am to do more than one panel. The diffuser needs some attention but very wary of doing it because of the curves and corners, dont want to strike through...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #737
Cheers! Was hoping to get a clean in the morning, but looking at work being carried out at home I'm going to be busy :mad:

·
18,502 Posts
Hat off to you Jordan, I wouldn't have the balls to take wet and dry to my paintwork/lacquer.

It does look stunning though.

Reactions: JordanRaven

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #739
Its not as scary as you think to he honest, done it a few times now, massively laborious but worth the effort

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Fair play Jordan.. but I have to say I'm in the same camp as Allan as to the bravery.. maybe I could learn on yours?... :LOL:

Reactions: JordanRaven
721 - 740 of 753 Posts