Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently just bought my first Jag, a 2007 XKR :)
It has bluetooth pairing to connect to the phone for calls but not for music. Anyone know the most effective solution to sort it out, so I can play my tunes also from my phone?
Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Do you have iPod connectivity via a 30 pin socket under the central cubby arm rest?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Ah. No aux connection at all? The car's in-built bluetooth is telephone connectivity only, it doesn't understand music streaming and can't be made to. I presume your car is an early X150?

·
Firm Rampant Member
18,293 Posts
aftermarket would be the way to go then?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
We need to know which model first, and if an X150 does it have an aux input. Mine has the iPod interface so I don’t know what there is if no iPod module. Assuming an aux input then a Bluetooth receiver with 3.5mm output would be the simplest method. Otherwise it’s modify the connections to the infotainment and reprogram the configuration file via SSD, which is complicated and needs expertise. And a dash in bits.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I did find this though, I know nothing about it but seems it adds aux input to cars without. Still don't know which model the OP has, an 07 should be the last of the older X100s not a X150.

JAGUAR Audio Input XF/XK 08>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

It has bluetooth pairing to connect to the phone for calls but not for music. Anyone know the most effective solution to sort it out, so I can play my tunes also from my phone?
Thanks,
Charlie
Hi,

Thanks,
Charlie
Hi also bought my first Jag last year that had no Bluetooth, so I fitted a parrot Android Bluetooth system, really good for streaming, you can get other versions like the parrot MK series they can play music as well, if you opt for the parrot, make sure you can play music as well as phone calls
Regards
SJ

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hi Shaun, and welcome to the forum. I presume you have a X100 XF? I believe the Parrot MK series adapters connect to the ISO sockets/plugs on the rear of a DIN standard radio? This won't work on the X150 which doesn't have these connectors. But I stand to be corrected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts