Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,391 Posts
Oz of oil??? What's wrong with litres and millilitres? I've no idea what an oz of oil is.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Pint? Other than beer in a big glass....

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
I'm just messing! I know you guys measure stuff in oz, pints and quarts, which I think is funny. And measure stuff in inches still! Quite how you can be accurate when doing stuff and working out a gap of 1/32" and then adding gaps together to get to a different denominator is just crazy stuff.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Ah, but we started to change to the metric system in the late '60s! Weirdly, we still use miles for speed and road signs though. And milk and beer is still sold in pints.

I had several British bikes, they were horrible. A BSA A10, 650cc twin., Weirdly both pistons rose and fell at the same time, like a single. Boy, that engine vibrated. Couldn't keep your feet on the pegs at over 4k revs. An old Triumph, the oil would fall out the crankcase just as fast as you could fill it....

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
And cups. What is a cup of something? Fluid ounces, weight ounces, pints, quarts, weird size gallons. Why not just adopt the metric system, it really is just so much easier. And uniform. And the same no matter which country you're from or which language you speak. It's also much easier to work maths on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts