Hi

please see pics below.....

Plant Vehicle Grass Bumper Motor vehicle
Hood Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Plant Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Car
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Green Automotive design
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire

I’ve had this stored in various garages over the past 40 yrs. it’s a watsonian chetah cub d type Jaguar kids car. I only have the shell but it once had a steel chassis and 75cc petrol engine. As you can see, my dad put an electric mower engine in it along the a wooden chassis and wheel chair wheels way back in the 70s so I could drive round the garden! Great fun.

it’s in need of full restoration and sourcing of pretty much all working parts but still a very rare piece of history and possibly a full restoration project for someone. I have a steering wheel and boot lid for it but not sure if they are original.

im not sure what it’s worth as is but do know that if your lucky enough to find a complete one in working order they are £4000 upwards.

open to sensible offers and hoping to find it a good home!

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
Why don't you contact "The Repair Shop" at the BBC. You never know. They may restore it for you.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Why don't you contact "The Repair Shop" at the BBC. You never know. They may restore it for you.
It's an idea, but they tend to do smaller jobs with in house repairs. This is more of a parts sourcing mission than anything.

The fibreglass tub looks like it's cracked and broken in various places but it's fairly easy to repair with fibre resin kits, fillers and a respray.

The chassis would be almost impossible to source I imagine, you're left with either starting from scratch and making a bespoke one, or finding someone who would be willing to let you look at theirs to try and recreate the original structure.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve listed it on eBay so hopefully someone will buy it and bring it back to its former glory👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts