Jaguar Forum banner

Black Circles

5K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  JayF 
#1 ·
What a completely rubbish company they are!

Need a couple of rears on the RS. They are as rare as rocking horse poo, but they advertise them on their site. Before ordering, I checked stock on a live online chat. 2 in stock, which I duely ordered within 2 minutes. Chose a local tyre place for fitment tomorrow, and placed the order.

BC got back to me to say the time arranged on the 11th is now the 17th as the tyre place can't fit me in - yet the appointment was available to be booked :confused:

So rebooked for thursday at another tyre fitter through BC. Email confirmed the appointment time (twice!). Then another email arrives to say the stock they have is actually in Europe and the tyres won't be available until the 20th! Yet they have already confirmed to the tyre fitter an appointment for thursday.

How the bloody **** do these crap companies stay in business? Order cancelled, and sourced 2 elsewhere for tomorrow :D

#2 ·
Serves you right for having silly fat tyres and so much power you wear them out so quick. 😉

Joking aside I've used BC before and had tyres fitted the next day.

Interestingly the garage that fitted them said to always call them first as they can usually beat BC's prices.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Typical of much of today's businesses. I always get good service from Tyreleader. They just send to the fitter, you call the fitter to make the appointment. Also they were the cheapest for my 295s

#4 ·
Lol you do find them Neill. I've used them a few times over the years and never had a problem.

#6 ·
Yeah, but also from a main stealer. Originally £140/pair more, but got them down to £85 more than BC. I was lucky they had two, otherwise I'd be screwed untill Pirelli make some more, or wait until BC can be arsed to sort their stock out. No one else has the J fitment around these parts, and given they perform better than Michelin (apparently) and were developed for the car, them I'm 'aving! :D

#12 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Mine are getting low so I better start ordering some. I estimate I'm only going to get about 10k out of the rears, which is probably about right as Pirelli due to the soft compound.

#45 · (Edited)
:giggle:

I have to admit to 'getting the last bit of enjoyment out of the worn out ones'. Luckily yesterday afternoon, the roads were dry. So for the first time in a while I was havin' a hoon to the max. Wheelspin @ 70 is a laugh. But holy crap, it's fast.

#46 ·
May I ask, why stick with PZeros?
Lots and lots of discussion and agreement on several forums that Michelin Pilot Super Sport (MPSS) is infinitely better, and I suspect they would be around the same price and possibly even cheaper.
Lack of availability is the only reason I can think of for not switching to MPSS, I don't think having PZeros on the front and MPSS on the rear would be a problem.

#48 ·
I've had MPSS, Pirelli and Dunlop on XFRs. I find the MPSS slightly more compliant and grippy. Subtly smoother ride. Pirelli a close second. I thought the Dunlop were less compliant and easier to break out.

G
#52 ·
ive got the Pirellis on the back of mine but don't rate them, ive been looking at tyreshopper site and at khomous A rated in the wet and half the price to £130 quid or less for 275x35x20 great value loads off good reviews on them

#54 ·
I've had Kuhmos on mine for the last 15 months. Done at least a 1000 miles a month on them and I reckon I got at least 5000 miles left on the rears and double that on the front.

I can't fault them. Great in the wet and quiet as well.

I'm sure a set of MPSS would be better but they would be double the price on my staggered set up.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.