Jaguar Forum banner

XFR-S New Purchase

16K views 181 replies 42 participants last post by  djc1966 
#1 ·
Purchased this last week but do not collect until the 20th May, part exchanged the XFR. Wanted a late model XFR-S with low mileage and as they are rare I could only find this one but its at Jaguar dealer in Aberdeen so that's a 7 to 8 hr trip for me each way so it will be a 2 day event!!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

See less See more
#5 ·
Common as muck these XFRS's.......:D

That road trip sounds like a great way to part with the XFR & get acquainted with the XFRS. I guess you'll be staying overnight?

#7 ·
Yes already booked the hotel, will be travelling up on the 19th May, no rush will take my time.

I have got the garage to remove the big rear wing as I am not a fan, they are fitting the smaller Speed Pack spoiler for me, so if anyone wants the big wing it will be available.

#16 ·
Sorry but the only things that are coming off my current car are the Spires X-Pipe, the bigger front brakes and the carbon bonnet vents.

#8 ·
That's amazing. You've got the same number plate I had two weeks ago. DVLA recycled that quickly.

Lovely looking car. The days will drag until the 20th though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Ha Ha yes that number plate seems to get around!!

#10 ·
Nice one Damian. :)

#12 ·
Yes I will post more pictures once I have collected the car.

#21 ·
Wow like a number 13 bus..........ten a penny these R-S's 😂

Sent from my 'Awesome Bluefire XE'

#24 ·
Beware the A90. Speed camera hell. Come back down the A93 through Braemar! Wonderful road and some bits will compliment the new wheels nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎

#30 ·
Beware the A90. Speed camera hell. Come back down the A93 through Braemar! ��
Oh! Thanks for the warning, John. Was intending to take Management to Aberfeldy later to watch the 'idiots/brave souls' get soaked on the Rafts.

Maybe then go further up, so will be a bit more careful. You're right, the Braemar route has some lovely scenery.

#27 ·
I think the wing should stay too, not normally to my taste, but it is an R-S 😎

Sent from my 'Awesome Bluefire XE'

#29 ·
I would keep the wing as well. Only disappointing thing about the Sportbrake. The spoiler is the same as the other models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 ·
Lovely, and you're right about the wing.

#41 ·
Hmm well the rear wing is off according to the garage and the smaller spoiler has been fitted, I will have to see what I think once I have the car.

John thanks for the info on the A90 that was the route I was going to take.

#42 ·
Agreement from me re the boot-mounted ironing board. 😏
I'm not saying don't take the A90 - it is the most direct route - just take care in your understandable eagerness to get to Aberdeen!

Sent from my Nexus 10 and a Black XF-S 😎

#43 ·
Looks lovely and welcome to the club. I'm with you on the rear wing. Had I been buying brand new then I would of opted for the smaller spoiler, it's a personal choice but I'm not sure if it will effect the resale value? Any ideas on how they removed it? I thought it is bolted and glued to the boot.

It will be interesting to hear your review on what you notice from the xfr to the xfr-s. Only 4 more sleeps 😎

#47 ·
Looks lovely and welcome to the club. I'm with you on the rear wing. Had I been buying brand new then I would of opted for the smaller spoiler, it's a personal choice but I'm not sure if it will effect the resale value? Any ideas on how they removed it? I thought it is bolted and glued to the boot.

It will be interesting to hear your review on what you notice from the xfr to the xfr-s. Only 4 more sleeps ��
Garage said it is bolted on with 4 bolts and I wish it was only 4 more sleeps but I am not going to collect it until the 19th May.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.