Replacement speakers - Page 2
Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Front door speakers replaced today with B&W (yellow) kevlar drivers. Sound great so I have gone ahead and bought a pair for the rear and one for the centre dash.

I couldn't believe how light, flimsy and nasty the base level speakers were compared to the B&Ws! The paper cones and tiny magnet weighed next to nothing - I'm amazed there was any sound coming out of them at all! At least the B&Ws feel like quality!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

I always preferred the B&Ws to the Meridian speakers in the XF.

I have B&Ws at home, love 'em.
    XF replaced by a big tractor due to intransigence of Jaguar marketing. When I wanted to order, a V6 engine and a Portfolio interior was mutually exclusive if you lived in the UK, but not elsewhere.

Old lives matter!

First name
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlycaddish View Post
    Front door speakers replaced today with B&W (yellow) kevlar drivers. Sound great so I have gone ahead and bought a pair for the rear and one for the centre dash.

I couldn't believe how light, flimsy and nasty the base level speakers were compared to the B&Ws! The paper cones and tiny magnet weighed next to nothing - I'm amazed there was any sound coming out of them at all! At least the B&Ws feel like quality!
    Hi, is this a straight swap or do you need adaptors, I have the basic sound system in my car.
    Sent from my computer/smartphone using tappity hunt and peck.
    2008 2.7D Luxury, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, Jaguar Voice, Keyless Entry, ECU Re-Mapped.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JagInfo.org
    Advertisements

Easy straight swap mate. Screw holes are in exactly the same place and the multi-plug connector is identical for both types of speaker. Doddle ;-)

Where did you get the replacements from, and what did they cost if I may ask?

First name
    Ian
    Or do you have a link please? Have searched around but confused by the various types.
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR, D3ggy footrest, Interior LEDs, Red growler, plenty of polish
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

First name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by idrobbo View Post
    Or do you have a link please? Have searched around but confused by the various types.
    Bass B&W speaker 8X2318808AB
    Midrange B&W speaker 8X2318808AB
    13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

First name
    Michael
    Gents! If you decide to install B&W speakers in facelift vehicle, in this case, I think you'll need to install in rear doors midrange speakers instead of tweeters.
    As for me also needs to install Meridian tweeters in front doors cards additionally to B&W midrange and bass speakers.
    In B&W factory installed systems the tweeters are the same as on X250 entry level sound system, so if someone wants to take it all from entry level sound amplifier, the tweeters also must be replaced.
    The WERS number for Meridian tweeter speakers is BJ32-18808-AC
    13MY 2.0GTDi/Vapour Grey/Winter Pack/Mods: Illuminated footrest VAGhooks, ADM/Powerfold, Sunblind AHB Meridian 825W NAV w Jag Voice Euro 2 Tune XFR front seats

I found mine on ebay, but it is best to search 'Jaguar XF Speakers' as mine weren't even listed as 'B&W'. I bought 5 in total (same speaker for all four doors and a different one for the dash speaker). Costs ranged from £20 (bargain) to £32 quid - all from breaker sites but most accepted cheeky bids!

Speaker 1.JPGSpeaker 2.JPGSpeaker 3.JPGSpeaker 4.JPG

First name
    Michael
    I found mine on ebay, but it is best to search 'Jaguar XF Speakers' as mine weren't even listed as 'B&W'. I bought 5 in total (same speaker for all four doors and a different one for the dash speaker). Costs ranged from £20 (bargain) to £32 quid - all from breaker sites but most accepted cheeky bids!

Speaker 1.JPGSpeaker 2.JPGSpeaker 3.JPGSpeaker 4.JPG
    In this case you need 7 midrange speakers, not 5: 4 in doors, 1 in dashboard, 2 in parcel shelf.

No parcel shelf in a Sportbrake! I've now got all five mid-range, thanks! Does this make a difference to the amp I can use? Do I need the AUD3-16 or could I get away with the AUD3-12?

First name
    Michael
    No parcel shelf in a Sportbrake! I've now got all five mid-range, thanks! Does this make a difference to the amp I can use? Do I need the AUD3-16 or could I get away with the AUD3-12?
    Sorry, forgot they you have sport take but how you think what are the speakers by number 6 and 7 on next picture

First name
    Michael

Wow that's brilliant, thanks Michael. The 2015MY Sportbrake has a compressor tank in the wheel-well plus I have a spacesaver as an option rather than the crappy compressor and sealant, so I can't see a standard Jag subwoofer going in there. I'm also not looking towards the full surround sound system - the speakers in the headlining don't really appeal, so perhaps I should be looking at the standard Meridian set up - do you think I can get away with the AUD3-12 amp (a lot cheaper) rather than the AUD-16??? I can add or build a subwoofer for the bootspace.

First name
    Michael
    Wow that's brilliant, thanks Michael. The 2015MY Sportbrake has a compressor tank in the wheel-well plus I have a spacesaver as an option rather than the crappy compressor and sealant, so I can't see a standard Jag subwoofer going in there. I'm also not looking towards the full surround sound system - the speakers in the headlining don't really appeal, so perhaps I should be looking at the standard Meridian set up - do you think I can get away with the AUD3-12 amp (a lot cheaper) rather than the AUD-16??? I can add or build a subwoofer for the bootspace.
    If you want to install surround speaker in dash panel you'll need install premium 16 way amplifier.

I've just checked under the grill on the dash and there is an empty hole where a speaker should be - and no cable/plug to connect to. Since I am not bothered with the full surround sound system, just to boost the sound from the Bowers and Wilkins speakers (bass, midrange and tweeters) - and add a sub, is this what I need then?:

Amp1.JPGAmp2.JPG

First name
    Michael
    I've just checked under the grill on the dash and there is an empty hole where a speaker should be - and no cable/plug to connect to. Since I am not bothered with the full surround sound system, just to boost the sound from the Bowers and Wilkins speakers (bass, midrange and tweeters) - and add a sub, is this what I need then?:

Amp1.JPGAmp2.JPG
    For dash speaker you'll need to solve wiring from connector, the length about 1.1-1.2 meters.

The B&W tweeters are the same as on your factory installed entry level Jaguar Sound System.

If you want only add subwoofer, in this case the amplifier from attached file is that you need, but don't forget, there should be made the CCF edit after amplifier's replacement.

Great, thanks again Michael.

First name
    Ian
    Michael, that's really helpful thank you.
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR, D3ggy footrest, Interior LEDs, Red growler, plenty of polish
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

Blog Entries
    I can tell you the centre dash speaker makes a HUGE difference to the quality of the sound, it's absolutely worth going the next step to the surround system.

For example in the F-Type the only the centre dash speaker is added for the surround system and it totally transforms the aural experience.

I've done over a dozen upgrades to the surround system now in various Jags and Land Rovers, the centre speaker is really the key to the whole thing.

Do it.
    2009 XKR Portfolio 4.2L S/C
    2005 XJR 4.2L S/C
    2008 Freelander 2 HSE 3.2L Tractor
    2005 X-Type 3.0L & 2001 S-Type 3.0L - gone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.